Topic: NGD-- I know. You heard that before.

This time it is a Kay Archtop. Found it on a trip to The Cape at a flea market. Looks to be from the 50s. None of the inherent Kay problems. Does need some work. Picture on FB. (Hint,hint). I love the old Kay`s and Harmony`s. If I see a good deal on one, I grab it.

The photo fairy makes another visit to JJJ lol

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13332943_1063817670351312_7284654818630433565_n.jpg?oh=dd4478a778d178aa2c85aadde1637fcb&oe=57CB01A3

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: NGD-- I know. You heard that before.

Looks like a good buy,happy NGD,jjj.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thank you photo fairy for posting the picture.  I am slowly incorporating the Toyota with the Ernie Ball sticker into the pictures instead of the bread machine. Unlike the bread machine, I take the Toyota everywhere I go. Lol

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I am slowly incorporating the Toyota with the Ernie Ball sticker into the pictures instead of the bread machine.

That's not working for me.  The bread machine has long been associated with your new guitars. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. smile

Happy NGD!

unclejoesband wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I am slowly incorporating the Toyota with the Ernie Ball sticker into the pictures instead of the bread machine.

That's not working for me.  The bread machine has long been associated with your new guitars. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. smile

Happy NGD!

Maybe he just needs to figure out how to make bread in his Toyota.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Nice find JJJ. Every time I find anything like that the owner seems to know the value or think they do. Hey UJB maybe in August if he brings the bread maker we can weld a hitch on it and he can drag it behind the Toyota? Ha ha ha

mekidsdad wrote:

Nice find JJJ. Every time I find anything like that the owner seems to know the value or think they do. Hey UJB maybe in August if he brings the bread maker we can weld a hitch on it and he can drag it behind the Toyota? Ha ha ha

There will be no welding on the bread maker. That is a sacred piece of equipment.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

No you didn't ... no you did not! Ahhhh ... ya did it ... again.

Long live the bread machine it is King.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

You have quite a hobby going here JJJ.  I'm curious, do you find time to restring these all and play them a little?  And then, what do you do with them?  Are you just collecting, or are you fixing them up a little and then re-selling to make a little profit?

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

11 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2016-06-03 01:30:25)

mekidsmom wrote:

You have quite a hobby going here JJJ.  I'm curious, do you find time to restring these all and play them a little?  And then, what do you do with them?  Are you just collecting, or are you fixing them up a little and then re-selling to make a little profit?

I actually don`t have time to play them all. When I do and they need new strings, I restring them. I am collecting and planning to sell a few. If my son ever moves out of the house, I plan to use that bedroom for a music room. Then I can get my house back. I also have a few amps too. I never show those. If my wife were still around,I probably wouldn`t have this many.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

By a "few amps" do you mean like, 3 or 4?  Or, are we talking like 10-15?  smile

Hey, everyone's gotta have a hobby.  One of yours happens to be finding good deals on guitars and collecting them!  I just gotta say, we bust on ya, but seriously there's nothing wrong with it.  I can think of a few kinds of collections that some people in this world have that are just, in my opinion, gross.  At least you're not killing and collecting bugs (butterfly collections)!  You haven't turned into a wacko animal collector (think - the old cat lady with 20 cats). 

Plus, we all love guitars and enjoy your NGD threads!  I'm glad you keep a good humor with the busting too.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

By a "few amps" do you mean like, 3 or 4?  Or, are we talking like 10-15?  smile

Plus, we all love guitars and enjoy your NGD threads!  I'm glad you keep a good humor with the busting too.  smile

At least 8. I know there are some in the house that are unaccounted for.  The 3 I use the most are a 1961 Gibson Falcon I bought for 85.00  back in 1984. a classic Pignose for on my deck. And a little Vox I just bought .

Enjoy Every Sandwich

JJJ I think you should start a bread machine collection,  or would that cost to much dough? That was my attempt at humour,  sorry folks.

Thick as two short planks