Topic: TOM PETTY

Living in Europe, we know Tom Petty, but that's it for the most of us.
Is he really popular and loved in the USA, is he considered as a "top musician and composer" It is always difficult to give an opinion on something or somebody you don't know.
Who can tell me more about that man?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: TOM PETTY

tom petty is a great  friend of george harrison and other travelling wilburys.Check out CONCERT FOR GEORGE a tribute concert for george featurin tom petty and the heartbreakers,jeff lynne,paul mccartney,ringo starr eric clapton and more all friends of tom.

Petty is really cool.
checkout bob dylans 30th aniverserry concert. petty, george harrison, clapton, neil young and the guy from the birds (his name escapes me at the moment) are all backing up bob, but tom petty really shine with "rainy day women #'s 12 & 35"

the answer is blowin' in the wind

Listen to FullMoonFever

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy

As a college kid, almost all of my friends, boys and girls, love Petty. I know a lot of people who don't like older music but still love Petty

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Thanks already, and yes the most of "his fame" is as resulting from the REAL GOOD LAST? SUPERBAND the travelling willbury's. Wasn't John Fogerty also involved in a similar project.

I still try to figure out that there must be a way to exchange albums, I have all the songs on CD starting with Peter Green, from FLEETWOOD MAC. I also have, and almost not to find, albums of TOM FOGERTY, I noticed that they are now on Amazon.com, but 6 years ago not so easy. It is a relieve that you can find, I PREFER BOOTLEGS of A CD QUALITY, a lot of music on the internet.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Tom Petty is a huge superstar in the US, and rightfully so.  I think he's one of the better songwriters of his generation.  Nothing complex comes out of him, but it's all really good stuff.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Ive listened to Tom Petty for years and love his music.I finally got to see him perform at Bonnaroo last year and he sounded as good today as he did years ago...

Seen him during the Damn the torpedoes album a long time ago. At the time you would not believe all the woman at that concert, definatley a chick magnet concert (no offense to the ladies of chordie when I use the reference of chick). I don't think it would be the same now.

Bootlegger.