Topic: NPD

New pedal day.

I started looking for a loop station over the winter so I could record some of my favorite songs to practice scales. One the recommendation of my brother, who a few of you met last fall, I started looking for a Boss RC30. They're $300 new and being as cheap as I am, I wasn't willing to fork that much out. So I started searching craigslist. I found one yesterday that was $200 and about an hour away. Tonight I'll be hitting YouTube to help me learn to use it.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7535/27537617241_2111a37fbc_k.jpgP1020193 by unclejoesband, on Flickr

Re: NPD

Happy NPD ugb.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Uncle joe

Nice buy.

I have a trio and still have not mastered anything on it.
I am guessing that you have to actually know something about music to work these puppies. ( advantage to you1  smile )
CONGRATS  BUDDY....ENJOY !

JIM

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I had to take a little break from it. I'm having a heck of a time getting the tempo I want when I want it.

The first loop is Knockin on Heavens Door. Got the tempo I was looking for pretty easy. Now I'm trying for something a little quicker and I can't seem to change it. The one time I did get it to change it was way to fast. I got frustrated and decided to walk away for a bit.

Never tried one but looks like fun. Good buy!

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Way to go, UJB ... congratulations! From everything I've heard and read, the Boss RC30 is about the most functional loop station a person can get. I sincerely hope the frustrations of learning to use it don't overwhelm your enjoyment.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Way to go, UJB ... congratulations! From everything I've heard and read, the Boss RC30 is about the most functional loop station a person can get. I sincerely hope the frustrations of learning to use it don't overwhelm your enjoyment.

My brother has the RC300 model; $600. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6604.gif Too rich for my blood. I think it has 6-7 pedals on it. I'm having enough trouble with 2. I realize there's  going to be frustration and a learning curve to anything you've never done before. Just take small bites and I'll get it.

unclejoesband wrote:
Tenement Funster wrote:

My brother has the RC300 model; $600. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6604.gif Too rich for my blood. I think it has 6-7 pedals on it. I'm having enough trouble with 2. I realize there's  going to be frustration and a learning curve to anything you've never done before. Just take small bites and I'll get it.

gif is cool. you might want too ask Russell Harding he is good with these things.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I put it away for a few days.

It devours those 6 AA batteries in very short order . I ordered a power supply for it. It's scheduled to arrive between the 16th and 21st.

10 (edited by dino48 2016-06-15 18:42:07)

unclejoesband wrote:

I put it away for a few days.

It devours those 6 AA batteries in very short order . I ordered a power supply for it. It's scheduled to arrive between the 16th and 21st.

That gets expensive soon. I hi jacked your gif.

dino48 wrote:

I hi jacked your gif.

Take all you want from here:

http://www.desismileys.com/

How are getting along with your looper, UJB?

I expect it's a lot less intimidating than when it first came out of the box. I'm a real fan of Boss gear, as they seem to have designed it for simplicity and ease of use.

Tenement Funster wrote:

How are getting along with your looper, UJB?

I expect it's a lot less intimidating than when it first came out of the box. I'm a real fan of Boss gear, as they seem to have designed it for simplicity and ease of use.

Actually, I've been on tour with Dead & Co this week. I left Monday afternoon and just got home this morning. The power supply arrived while I was gone so as soon as my body settles back down into it's daily routine, I'll get started with the looper again.

14 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-06-25 11:44:37)

Sweet!

Is this the group Dead & Company that came out of the former Grateful Dead? Would love to hear more about it, especially what you do with them! That's awesome stuff, UJB.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Sweet!

Is this the group Dead & Company that came out of the former Grateful Dead? Would love to hear more about it, especially what you do with them! That's awesome stuff, UJB.

Yes. Same band but I believe there may be a bit of a misunderstanding here. I am in no way affiliated with or work with the band. Going "on tour" just means following them around to see all the different shows. From '83 through mid '89 I spent countless days on the road seeing as many shows as I could afford; and a few I really couldn't. smile  I saw around 70 shows in those 7 years.

John Mayer got hooked up with them a few years ago and started touring last fall. He added a new energy and enthusiasm to the whole band and they are touring again this year. I saw 2 shows; Saratoga Springs, NY and Bristow, Va. I may go to Pittsburgh in July as well.

Here is the show from Saratoga Springs, NY on 6-21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-nC05aqQwU

Thanks for this.

It would be great to be able to attend concerts like that, and stay in touch firsthand with favorite groups & musicians. I'm happy for you, UJB, that you have the opportunity to do this.

unclejoesband - good luck with the RC 30 Boss ... I am really keen to see how you get on with it.  I got one last year in October exactly the same as the one you have and I still can`t work the thing!  I have watched tutorials on You Tube but still not able to work it the way i know it is meant to work.  I walked away from it out of frustration!  I know i need to get the instruction booklet out (again) and try again.  Don`t think i am wired to read up on stuff like this though, to impatient!  I am much more of a visual person when learning new stuff and unfortunately i think this is one i am just going to have to read up on. 
Keen to see how you go with it ..... your probably have more patience than me.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan