Topic: How Many Lives?

Not all muslims are murderers or fanatics or terrorists but when I heard the news of yet another attack in France it motivated me to write this song, find it here...

https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/how-many-lives

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: How Many Lives?

Powerful lyrics and a haunting melody.  It captures the mood perfectly.

Thick as two short planks

Well said. Powerful. It seems  a lot good songs come from those dark things in life.

Joe

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-07-15 22:35:28)

My Maree on hearing your song was so moved she shed a tear for the loss of all those families who have suffered a terrible loss due to these terrible attacks. I just pray that the power of good will eventually overcome evil. At the moment it seems as though evil is on the increase invading once peaceful lands.

PLEASE NOTE:

I removed my previous post here (a link to a Wikipedia entry), which was meant as a follow up statement to Phill's song. Upon further consideration, I realize that it was probably too political so have removed it. Chordie does have rules that I most certainly agree with, so I initiated this self-censorship. This is a great place, I want it to stay great, and I also would like to be a part of it for a looooonnngg time.

Phill, that was a powerful and emotional song.  It asks the question many people world wide are asking themselves.  As i said on sound cloud, thanks for sharing the heart felt thoughts of  many.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

How Many Lives. Good question Phill and there is no answer because we are dealing here with the mostly unpredictable  human race.
Maybe in the future our self destructive nature will be minimalized in our nature. I think it's true to say that generally we are less war like than hundred years ago. Time will tell as they say.
We have always lived a violent world and now through mass media the effects of it are brought into our homes immediately and graphically.
Which is good and bad.
Good song Phill.

i would like to thank everyone for their replies and support and also for taking the time to listen.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.