Topic: FUNNY FACTS 9

ROCK STARS' RELIGION:

- Adam Youch (Beasty Boys)      Buddhism
- Bob Dylan:                             Judaism and then Born Again Christian
- Bob Marley:                            Rastafarian
- Bono (U2)                               Former meber of evangelical Christian organisation
- Cat Stevens aka Yussuf Islam   Islam
- Freddie Mercury                       Zoroastrian(to complicated: see Wikipedia)
- George Harrisson                     Hare Krishna
- Ice Cube                                 Nation of Islam
- Madonna                                 Kaballah Buddhism
- Marylin Manson                        Satanism (so he claims, but??
- Michael Jackson                       Islam
- The Osmonds                          Mormons
- Mick Jagger                             Kaballah Buddhism (was a real surprise to discover it)
- Slash                                      Judaism
- Sting                                       Buddhism

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: FUNNY FACTS 9

wow zoroastrian... looked it up on wiki out of curiosity. im kind of interested in studying different religions and stuff but i'd never heard of that one.

All You Need is Love smile

Hmm... interesting. I always think of musicians kind of like teachers, teachers aren't supposed to have lives outside the classroom (in their student's minds) and musicians aren't supposed to have lives off of the stage.  But, musicians are normal people (in a multimillionare/famous sort of way) and they have normal people traits like a religion, a political view and a favorite color.

cool topic
::kori::

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Some singers who are wiccans:
Stevie Nicks
Suly Erna : Lead singer of godsmack
Sade
Tori Amos ( not totally sure on this one, but I think she's actually Faerie Tradition and not pure wiccan)

lol wiccan's a fun word to say

last_rebel wrote:

lol wiccan's a fun word to say

You crack me up, last rebel! Now say: red lorry, yellow lorry. Very fast and as many times as you can!

im not sure my accent will permit me to do that efficiently lol....

I think that Marilyn Manson is a Raelian .... lol
Just a hunch.. http://www.rael.org/

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Yes, dear Nadine2, it seems that "satanism" is considered as a kind of religion. How many wars are we able to count, all about religion. Since mankind exists, the "adoration" for higher and mysterious things started. Imagine, 1.000.000 years ago (to give a number), you are somewhere outside, knowing nothing and suddenly thunder, lighting: I think our poor ancesters had to be petrified.
In the middleages we had the WITCH fenomenon, and indeed, there were, mostly what we can call, strange and "disformed people", mostly women, not able to find the right man, going into the wood, settling down, and using the nature as cure for everything.
You can even end with a line from a song: for every season there is a turn...

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hey sweet Doc,
Yes, you are right about wars, if you wanted to take something from someone else I suppose saying that their religion wasn't right was the easiest.  When in actual fact I think wars are all about money and power. I read a great quote the other day : War doesn't determine who is right...it determines who is left.
Do you know that in the dark ages  if you owned a spinning wheel or a loom, you could be brought up on charges of witch craft? You could only weave and spin on looms and wheels sanctified by the church. And for this privilege you had to give 2/3 of your cloth to the church for them to sell. I would have been burnt at the stake!
And if you were charged with witch craft you would go through a trial of water...you would be chained to a rock or sown into a bag. then they would lob you into the nearest river or lake. If you survived then you must have had the devils help and they would burn you at the stake. If you drowned then you were innocent of witch craft and they would bury you in sanctified ground...i.e a grave yard. Some choice... die or eerr...die? And as divorce was not an option , many men would just declare their wives witches and let christianity take its course!

"many men would just declare their wives witches and let christianity take its course!"

Id just like to say that those acts werew performed by certain sects and denominations who CLAIMED christianity... There were and still are genuine born again christians who teach and preach the Biblical version of the Gospel and have maintained decent reputations. When you hear the word 'christian' bear in mind how many different denominations there are with differences that are black and white.

Another fun word combo to say real fast, repetitvely, is "Toy Boat". Go on and give it a try, you know you want to..........  My late Grandfather had some fabulous takes on life. One I distinctly recall is this; "Son, if you wanna have a good, friendly, peaceful, visitin' spell with family or friends there's two things that don't get talked about. One is government and the the other is religion. I've tried to live by these words around people whom I am fond of and it seems to be, for me at least, a sensible life philosophy. No hidden message or meaning in this comment, just sharing some past experiences that improved my life.

Give everything but up.

where are all the atheist artists?
And who really cares about what religion a singer is? I know I couldnt give 2........about who goes to what church and who they believe in. It is their music that is important.
religion is a very controversial subject, one I could start an rgument easily but I will refrain

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

last_rebel wrote:

"many men would just declare their wives witches and let christianity take its course!"

Id just like to say that those acts werew performed by certain sects and denominations who CLAIMED christianity... There were and still are genuine born again christians who teach and preach the Biblical version of the Gospel and have maintained decent reputations. When you hear the word 'christian' bear in mind how many different denominations there are with differences that are black and white.

Hi last rebel,
No offense was intended to any christians of whatever creed. These acts were commited roughly 600 years ago. I don't dispute that there are and were many decent, devout christians of whatever creed. I just like to swop tidbits of info with doc as he is very knowledgeable and has a wide field of interest. If I offended you please accept my appologies.

Well upyerkilt, you have a point there. The Africans have a kind of religion. But are you still catholic when you don't practise it. I know that the difference between religions in the USA and in Europe are tremendous. I was told that, if I wanted to practise my job in a small US town (10.000) people, you are NOT accepted, if you don't go to church. In Europe, the churches are running empty, and it is very logic when you see the rules prescribed by the POPE. Isn't it strange that almost every culture on earth BELIEVES IN SOMETHING? and it is even more difficult to believe in GOD, seeing all the troubles and misery, and I am not happy when they say it's God's will. Since mankind exists, they started to believe, in the wonders of nature, thunder, lightning, or sacrifying other human beings to have a good harvest. Religion is one of the most cruel things on earth and caused billions of lives, for what purpose? I do believe more in reincarnation, and also in the fact that there has to be something. When you meet Jesus, there is no more need to believe, because you met him.
VERY DIFFICULT TOPIC

SouthPaw41L wrote:

Another fun word combo to say real fast, repetitvely, is "Toy Boat". Go on and give it a try, you know you want to..........  My late Grandfather had some fabulous takes on life. One I distinctly recall is this; "Son, if you wanna have a good, friendly, peaceful, visitin' spell with family or friends there's two things that don't get talked about. One is government and the the other is religion. I've tried to live by these words around people whom I am fond of and it seems to be, for me at least, a sensible life philosophy. No hidden message or meaning in this comment, just sharing some past experiences that improved my life.

Then AGAIN if you want to sit back and watch one hilarious riot (provided you have a back door you can slip quietly out of), just insert that infamous 'what do you think of george bush', or baptist versus pentecostal in one of my family reunions. Can't do it too often though since i have  a few cousins that will resort to firearms...

nadine2 wrote:
last_rebel wrote:

Hi last rebel,
No offense was intended to any christians of whatever creed. These acts were commited roughly 600 years ago. I don't dispute that there are and were many decent, devout christians of whatever creed. I just like to swop tidbits of info with doc as he is very knowledgeable and has a wide field of interest. If I offended you please accept my appologies.

oh yeah thats cool i wasnt offended i just wanted to make sure nobody got the idea that all christians were like that....  in fact different denominational histories are something i find quite interesting. You should hear some of the stories of the down south baptists who got interrupted by the KKK. Believe it or not that wasn't too long ago i know a dude who can tell you all about it. Scary stuff when i think how close i am to evadale lol