Topic: FEVER

This song dates back to the early 50's but I decided to give it a fresh coat of paint. We haven't come up with a name for the band yet but no hurry smile https://youtu.be/zAf8lA463vY

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: FEVER

WOW, you certainly gave that a new lease of life. Shirley Bassey never sounded like that. Just love it.

Thick as two short planks

That was good Russell , a little change up from Peggy Lees version.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That arrangement sort of happened on the spot I wanted to do something different to the song more of a rock sound with some blues thrown it thanks for watching and  for taking time to comment smile

keepitreal wrote:

WOW, you certainly gave that a new lease of life. Shirley Bassey never sounded like that. Just love it.

Yes a little change every now and then is a good thing thanks dino smile

dino48 wrote:

That was good Russell , a little change up from Peggy Lees version.

Sounds good Russell

Sweet!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks Graham good to hear from you smile

Grah1 wrote:

Sounds good Russell

Hi Amy thanks we had a good time with this smile

mekidsmom wrote:

Sweet!

Good stuff Russell. I always enjoy listening to you play.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Thanks BJ music keeps you young at heart smile

bluejeep wrote:

Good stuff Russell. I always enjoy listening to you play.

I like it.

the chordie geordie

Like what you did there - a lot! Hey what OD pedal are you using? Sounds good.

Thank you smile

gtx wrote:

I like it.

Glad ya like it BD I use a Boss ME-50 effects pedal it allows me to stereo out to a Marshal and Bugerio been using it for years and there are new things and sounds I discover all the time smile

Baldguitardude wrote:

Like what you did there - a lot! Hey what OD pedal are you using? Sounds good.

A very good rendition, Russell ... you guys are obviously having a blast.

Thank you TF I think there are tons of songs just waiting to be re-worked most of todays music I don't listen to just not my cup of tea, and it is great to have a pad to rehearse at that is in the woods surrounded by no near by neighbors to complain about volume. smile

Tenement Funster wrote:

A very good rendition, Russell ... you guys are obviously having a blast.

Russell

I just got the opp to listen - that is freaking great man!!
I would love to be able to do that.
Thanks for sharing

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thank you Jim! smile

TIGLJK wrote:

Russell

I just got the opp to listen - that is freaking great man!!
I would love to be able to do that.
Thanks for sharing

Jim

Very well done Russell!  Much bluesier and growlier  than the 1965 McCoys version.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

You have a good group going there to get three good muso like you guys working well as a unit making a good sound is a treat.

DE much appreciated, My Les Paul Deluxe has natural sustain and I am getting a nice balance from both amps I have one set on clean and the Marshal on overdrive the Boss ME-50 adds the delay, chorus and overdrive (if needed) smile

Dirty Ed wrote:

Very well done Russell!  Much bluesier and growlier  than the 1965 McCoys version.

DE

Thanks for your comments on my You Tube channel PJ, one of the things we talked about when we decided to get together was taking a different approach in our treatment of some of the songs (tempo,genre etc.) we did not favor a cookie cutter approach like a cover band which opens the door to a lot of possibilities smile

Peatle Jville wrote:

You have a good group going there to get three good muso like you guys working well as a unit making a good sound is a treat.