Topic: Sneaky Slim (1st Rehearsal in new studio)

I video taped this first rehearsal and this song is an instrumental I'll just call "Sneaky Slim" for lack of a better title. My friends Howard Decker(bass) and Gary Klever(drums) join in on this jam, we did run through several other songs and the new studio shows promises of better things to come.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QX0pMX … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Sneaky Slim (1st Rehearsal in new studio)

Good  stuff Russell

Thanks Graham for giving a listen and your comments smile

Good song Russell,I like the new studio also.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Nice playing and I like the way you have balanced out the instruments perfectly on the recording.

dino48 wrote:

Good song Russell,I like the new studio also.

HI dino thank you, we did have a good time and there are still some improvements planed for the studio including acoustic panels for the walls and better lighting looks like a busy summer smile

Peatle Jville wrote:

Nice playing and I like the way you have balanced out the instruments perfectly on the recording.

Peatle I used my Sony HD-MVI camera to record the video it has huge microphones for a small camera and really helps get a good mix thank you!! smile

That was really cool Russell !

excellent playing - trio melds very well together!

enjoyable to watch.
Thanks for sharing

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

enjoyable to watch.
Thanks for sharing

Jim

Thanks Jim! I have known these guys for some time they play in other bands but every now and then we get together, I have a new song I wrote we will be recording and video taping along with a Joe Walsh, Brother Dege song looks like a nice summer ahead for music. smile

Looks and sounds like you all having a good time there Russ.
Nice guitar playing etc always like an instrumental smile

arkady wrote:

Looks and sounds like you all having a good time there Russ.
Nice guitar playing etc always like an instrumental smile

Hi Ark thanks for the comment,Yes it's good to get back in the saddle and jam with some live musicians for a change especially your friends. We have some projects in mind and this studio makes it a lot easier to get at it. smile

12 (edited by dino48 2016-06-17 17:28:42)

Russell_Harding wrote:
TIGLJK wrote:

enjoyable to watch.
Thanks for sharing

Jim

Thanks Jim! I have known these guys for some time they play in other bands but every now and then we get together, I have a new song I wrote we will be recording and video taping along with a Joe Walsh, Brother Dege song looks like a nice summer ahead for music. smile

Russell are you talking about the Joe Walsh from the Eagles?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

hi russ, just had a second listen, played it 1st time on my tablet couldn't hear the bass sounds a lot better on PC. southpaw drummer who can play with one hand!

nice tune can we expect words or not? great sound and tight playing for a first rehearsal and jam. i'm so jealous. keep rocking brother

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Yes dino Joe is a pure player I remember doing his songs when he was with the James Gang smile

dino48 wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:
TIGLJK wrote:

enjoyable to watch.
Thanks for sharing

Jim

Russell are you talking about the Joe Walsh from the Eagles?

Phill my apologies for not answering your post (my senior moment) oddly this song came right out of one of my finger picking books it is an exercise but the base player loved the walking style when I played it for him so we tried it and it turned out ok, the drummer is left handed had after watching the video I too noticed he dropped a stick lol    We will keep it instrumental for the time being Phill our next project is Kashmir by Led Zepplin so that is a challange take care my friend smile

Phill Williams wrote:

hi russ, just had a second listen, played it 1st time on my tablet couldn't hear the bass sounds a lot better on PC. southpaw drummer who can play with one hand!

nice tune can we expect words or not? great sound and tight playing for a first rehearsal and jam. i'm so jealous. keep rocking brother