Topic: Long Cool Woman cover

This is a 1st for me for this song I learned it as we went along Howard the bass player dose a good job on the vocals and Gary on drums is nice and solid.hope you all enjoy it. smile
https://youtu.be/TGuyRdSk8VY

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Long Cool Woman cover

quite nice !!!    Great song !
Looks like a lot of fun performing together

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I like the sound and also the creative visual effects!

TIGLJK wrote:

quite nice !!!    Great song !
Looks like a lot of fun performing together

Thank you, yes we do have fun we have known each other for almost 20 years and have played music with other bands but still maintain a friendship.truthfully I have heard this song but this was the 1st time I played it so I had to watch the bass players fret positions to learn the progression on the fly once I locked it in I could relax smile

Baldguitardude wrote:

I like the sound and also the creative visual effects!

Thanks BGD smile I used a Sony HDR-MV1 movie cam to record the video against a  green screen backdrop the stereo mic's on the camera are quite large for the size of the camera they are designed for live music filming all the video editing was processed in my TrakAx video program which has a Chroma key(greenscreen) feature it takes a bit of time to do it but I have a lot of that  lol thanks again for your viewing and comments smile

You guys just have so much fun, great sound and visuals. Did The Hollies do the original of this?

Thick as two short planks

Yeah its  a  Hollies   song  from later in their  career  after   Graham Nash  left . Alan Clark  is  a great  vocalist  anr  Tony  Hicks  a  very  underrated guitarist

keepitreal wrote:

You guys just have so much fun, great sound and visuals. Did The Hollies do the original of this?

When it is fun it aint work I am using a Crate amp and my Marshal which has a Bugeria cabinet I have both amps going stereo to get that full sound and I use a tad of stereo chorus on my ME-50 for the spacious fat sound I have never played this before and I thought John Foggerty sang it, little do I know thanks for letting me know, and for your comments smile

Good sounding group you got there, Russell. I agree about the settings, and can't imagine playing without a little bit of chorus + a little bit of phaser in the path ... just more full sounding, as you say.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Good sounding group you got there, Russell. I agree about the settings, and can't imagine playing without a little bit of chorus + a little bit of phaser in the path ... just more full sounding, as you say.

Thanks TF smile we are building quite a list and still have no name for the band something will come up no sense it forcing it smile

Sounds great.  Nothing is more fun than  jamming!

In my late teens I had a drug problem...now in my sixties all my problems have a drug.

richeverman wrote:

Sounds great.  Nothing is more fun than  jamming!

Thanks for watching smile yes getting together with friends and making music it don't get any better smile

That was great, really enjoyed it smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Jandle wrote:

That was great, really enjoyed it smile

Thank you Jan smile