Topic: Yamaha FG-411S CE

Hello All,

I am new to this forum.  I recently picked up a Yamaha FG-411S CE.  It is what, in my opinion, all Yamaha acoustics tend to be.  Beautiful sound, decent action (needs a slight adjustment) and feels like butter.  Paid $160.  Pretty sure that's a great price, but, the question is regarding the manufacture date.   

http://www.yamaha.com/apps/guitararchiv … wizard.asp says it was made on November 16th, which makes sense, however, they also indicate the serial numbers are recycled every ten years.  Is there a way to determine which decade?  Logic dictates it is not 1986.  So, is it 1996 or 2006?  Or am I completely misguided?

Please and thank you,

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Bruce

Re: Yamaha FG-411S CE

Hi Bruce, and welcome to Chordie!

Sounds like you got a heck of a deal on a decent guitar ... congratulations. I'm assuming you keyed the guitar's Serial No. into the provided space, but didn't get clear info back.  Beyond that, I don't know how else the actual year of manufacture could be determined. Here's another resource that may be useful:

http://www.guitardaterproject.org/yamaha.aspx

Again, a hearty welcome, and we hope to see / read you often in the forums. When you get time, perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing a brief bio with us, your musical tastes, etc. We have a very eclectic bunch here, but everyone's very supportive and we've all improved from each others' help.

I would pick whichever one suits your fancy and go with that.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thank you for the welcome, Tenement Funster.  I did get clear info but the info, wasn't specific on the year.  It was multiple choice, 66, 76, 86, 96, or 06.  It was also a different search engine which I can't seem to find now.  Meh...

Thank you for the quick response :-)

If you are happy with the  Yamaha FG-411S CE  does it really matter when it was built.  Hope you enjoy it for many years.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

6 (edited by dino48 2016-09-12 00:14:11)

Classical Guitar wrote:

If you are happy with the  Yamaha FG-411S CE  does it really matter when it was built.  Hope you enjoy it for many years.

I agree, I have a fg acoustic 401 and it is a great guitar. They are well made . Yes they do recycle the serial numbers.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman