1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2016-09-21 23:08:44)

Topic: Feeling Alright cover

If you can remember this song you have lived a lifetime Feeling Alright was and still is one of my favorites
https://youtu.be/0_3RQl-iGlE

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Feeling Alright cover

Loved it Russell it has been covered by so many great stars it is one of the best.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Nice job!

Yep. Remember it well. It was the first 45rpm I ever bought, at a place called Tri-State. It was a fairly large, 2 floor variety store. Nothing like Wally World is now but back in the day it was a pretty big in a small Pa town. A set of 10-12 concrete steps lead you to the front door. Walk in and the LP's were along the wall immediately on your right. About halfway back the wall the 45's started. If you turned left when you walked in you would walk past the only cash register and came upon a huge tube section with a tube tester in the middle of it all.
I was getting ready to start 9th grade, which was considered high school at that time. Big changes coming. I was going to have to start moving from one classroom to another instead of having the teachers doing the shifting around.

Yep. I remember that song and a lot that was associated with it vividly. I can't remember the last time I thought of those things. Thanks for stimulating my memory. smile

hey dino yes it has been covered only because it;s such a blast to play and since I have been with these guys a lot of songs from the past are getting a fresh coat thanks for giving a look smile

dino48 wrote:

Loved it Russell it has been covered by so many great stars it is one of the best.

unclejoesband wrote:

Nice job!

Yep. Remember it well. It was the first 45rpm I ever bought, at a place called Tri-State. It was a fairly large, 2 floor variety store. Nothing like Wally World is now but back in the day it was a pretty big in a small Pa town. A set of 10-12 concrete steps lead you to the front door. Walk in and the LP's were along the wall immediately on your right. About halfway back the wall the 45's started. If you turned left when you walked in you would walk past the only cash register and came upon a huge tube section with a tube tester in the middle of it all.
I was getting ready to start 9th grade, which was considered high school at that time. Big changes coming. I was going to have to start moving from one classroom to another instead of having the teachers doing the shifting around.

Yep. I remember that song and a lot that was associated with it vividly. I can't remember the last time I thought of those things. Thanks for stimulating my memory. smile

Joe so many songs from this era endure the test of time good is good no matter how many years and styles come and go thanks for watching and commenting smile

Russell you keep bringing back memories of the best years of our generation, keep em coming. My wife and I sit and listen to your music and it takes us back in time, we both thank you.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

bluejeep wrote:

Russell you keep bringing back memories of the best years of our generation, keep em coming. My wife and I sit and listen to your music and it takes us back in time, we both thank you.

You are both welcome!! I enjoy it as much as you it seems I have been playing these songs all my adult life and I never get tired of it, not a big fan of rap or hip hop or modern county give me Hank and Waylon George Jones, Little Richard you get the idea LOL thanks for watching smile