Topic: Suggestions: October 2016 Featured Song of the Month

Ok, Ok... we've picked names out of the hat for a few months, but we want to keep things FRESH and keep you on your TOES!

This month, we are NOT taking names.  Nope, we're going back to song suggestions!  So, is there a song that you would like to hear everyone try to cover?  One you've been dying to try out and hear everyone's take on it?  Perhaps you've written an original, placed chords up on Chordie, but haven't YET recorded it and would like everyone to give it a go?

This is the place to cast your vote, and place your song suggestion for the featured song of the month for October 2016! 

Once we have enough suggestions for next month, the section moderators will take a vote and create a new post so you can get practicing and recording!  If you see a suggestion someone else has made and you REALLY LIKE IT, say so! 

We do ask that you WAIT until OCTOBER 1st to post the link to your FSOTM cover!  Moderation will create a new thread, you can then post your version there!  This helps keep the forum organized, as this forum is very likely to get very full over the next few years!  We'd like to keep everything organized from the start to make it easier to find song recordings should someone wish to go back to find them down the road!  THANK YOU for your co-operation! 

So, have at it!  Let us know what song you'd like to hear next!  Perhaps you've got more of a GENRE you'd like to hear covered, and any song from that genre would do - if so, that's awesome, but PLEASE go ahead and state that and give us an idea with a song suggestion to go along with it  smile  ALSO, we ARE listening!  If you have suggestions on how we can go about choosing the next song for the next month, add that too (along with your song suggestion).

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Suggestions: October 2016 Featured Song of the Month

Piano Man.

The Beatles "Yesterday" big_smile

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

4 (edited by easybeat 2016-09-01 02:51:30)

The Cup song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWCOYJg9ps4

The King Of Audio Torture

Teach your children. Here is a  link to a concert version done by none chordies.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5AuFDHdrrg

Ripple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHo1fNnXFVU

Love that tune. Have you heard Mike Masse's cover? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S54dM8kefoE

1. Don McLean - Vincent (Starry Starry Night)   
2. Classical Gas
3. Moonlight Sonata
4. Malaguena

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

9 (edited by dino48 2016-09-01 21:17:02)

Money For Nothing . (Dire Straits MTV).

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Baldguitardude wrote:

Love that tune. Have you heard Mike Masse's cover? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S54dM8kefoE

Nope. Never heard that one. Love the 12 string.

But now I have to curse you. I see myself spending far too much time going through all the Mike Masse covers. smile

unclejoesband wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:

Nope. Never heard that one. Love the 12 string.

But now I have to curse you. I see myself spending far too much time going through all the Mike Masse covers. smile

Everything he does is incredible.  He has the gift.

awesome choices , keep the suggestions coming smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Anymore suggestions people? Come on, there is a world full of songs out there smile
Remember you can not only suggest a song here ........... but you add also add your vote to one of the suggested songs on  this thread that some one else has picked.

MORE PLEASE  smile

Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

did I suggest poncho and lefty???

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Ok Jan everyones ignoring you.
So heres another one.
Small Town/John Mellancamp

The King Of Audio Torture

Keeping the Dylan theme from the last two months how about "The Times They Are A-Changin'".

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

17 (edited by rickyjack 2016-09-22 15:20:09)

I have gone thru my pile of songs and came up with 10.
I like the Dylan theme also...You've Got To Hide your Love Away.
There are also some great Beatles songs...Ticket To Ride, Things We Said Today.
Now that Pancho And Lefty song is a good one.
I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND.

I seem to have got things a bit crossed up on my above post.
For the Bob Dylan song I meant to put, You Aint Going Nowhere.
You've Got To hide You're Love Away, does go in the Beatles group of songs.

Sorry for the mix-up.

Rick

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

Well if we can do Originals,  I would like to submit my song   MOTHER , A PUNKS BALLAD..  I think its in the songwriting section, If picked I will post it here for all to see or re-post /bump it in songwriting.  We all know my voice, So I would like to see what others can do with it smile (maybe under METALIZER Ill have a sub title (Captain Monotone! LOLOL-- Love ya Amy!).

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Awesome EVERYONE  ...... makes it more interesting this way when there`s heaps of choices to vote on or pull from the hat.

beamer ........ in short yes, Original songs can be entered, it will go in with the rest of the song suggestions.  People can do their own interpretation of it and they can go to the Song Writing Forum to get the lyrics and chords if it gets chosen.

Just a reminder that any songs that don`t get chosen this month, make sure to enter them the following month if you want to because it really does boil down to either votes or what comes out of the hat smile

(edited to remove the letter  A by Jandle)

I edited my above post. I knew better than that...maybe I can blame it on age.

Thanks Chordie for the years of music and advise.

ed sheeran - Thinking out loud
Joni Mitchell & CSNY - Wooodstock
Eagles  - Take it Easy
George Straight - Amarillo by Morning
Dylan - I shall be released
Van Morrison - Brown eyed girl
The band  - the weight

just a few that popped in my head

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I suggest "midnight special"

Friends  in low places  by Garth Brooks

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

We're supposed to have a mean, white, and cold winter this year. My performances are going to see the addition of "Winter Wonderland" starting the middle of this month, though I don't expect this one will be chosen!

Lots of great ideas in here!  I hope Jan's got a good plan for how to pick.. I'd have to put them in a hat or have someone narrow it down a bit more before I could choose.  So MANY!  AWESOME!  big_smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.