Re: Suggestions: October 2016 Featured Song of the Month

Marshall Tucker Band - Heard it in a love song

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

WOW ....... what a great selection of songs that have been suggested smile

So the following songs have been suggested by members:

Baldguitardude :  Piano Man
Roger Guppy:  Yesterday (The Beatles)
Roger Guppy:  The Times They are A-Changin (Bob Dylan)
easybeat: The Cup Song
easybeat:  Small Town (John Mellancamp)
Peatle Jville:  Teach Your Children
unclejoesband: Ripple
Classical Guitar:  Starry Starry Night (Don McLean - Vincent)
Classical Guitar: Classical Gas
Classical Guitar: Moonlight Sonata
Classical Guitar:  Malaguena
dino48:  Money For Nothing (Dire Straights)
dino48: Friends in Low Places (Garth Brooks)
mojo01: Poncho and Lefty
rickyjack:  You Aint Going Nowhere (Dylan)
rickjack:  Ticket to Ride (Beatles)
rickyjack:  Things We Said Today (Beatles)
rickjack:  You Got To Hide Your Love Away (Beatles)
beamer:  Mother, A punks ballad (Original by beamer)
TIGLJK:  Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran)
TIGLJK:  Woodstock (Joni Mitchell & CSNY)
TIGLJK: Take It Easy (Eagles)
TIGLJK:  Amarillo By Morning (George Straight)
TIGLJK:  I Shall Be Released  (Bob Dylan)
TIGLJK:  Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
TIGLJK:  The Weight (The Band)
TIGLJK:  Heard It In A Love Song (Marshall Tucker Band)
mekidsdad:  Mightnight Special
KevinRK:  Winter Wonderland

and with that ................. into the hat they go .....................

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/Collapsible_top_hat_IMGP9677.jpg

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

http://livecrafteatpz13.livecrafteat.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/and-the-winner-is.jpg

Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/pictures/190000/velka/kids-stuff-34.jpg

TIGLJK  ..................... TAKE IT EASY   (Eagles)

AND

unclejoesband .................. Ripple

Cool.  I already half-way know one of the songs.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Good songs. Poor homeless rabbit.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I thought we were taking a vote lol

Baldguitardude wrote:

I thought we were taking a vote lol

so did I.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

GREAT CHOICES!!!

Baldguitardude and dino48 ........ in answer to you both regarding taking a vote this month.  Initially we were going to vote and also take into account any votes from the members .... however, it was decided since unclejoesband had entered a suggestion and mekidsdad had entered a suggestion (which is great smile  that it would be wiser to pick 2 songs out of the hat, that way it was fair on everyone smile 

Dont`t worry dino48, the rabbit is out dinning on parsley smile

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/FrenchAngora.jpg

I vote for the rabbit.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:

I vote for the rabbit.

I agree with you. The rabbit is more real than the "Hat".

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Jandle wrote:

however, it was decided since unclejoesband had entered a suggestion and mekidsdad had entered a suggestion (which is great smile  that it would be wiser to pick 2 songs out of the hat, that way it was fair on everyone smile

Apparently I just screwed up everything. big_smile

Zurf wrote:

I vote for the rabbit.

He is backand looks good ,

We are discussing now how to run next month's thread.  How about a vote on that? How would YOU ALL like to see the FSOTM chosen for November? Let's put THAT to a vote!  smile

Do you prefer song suggestions, or people suggestions? 
Do you prefer the hat, or moderators choice, or would you prefer to put it to a membership vote for November?

How about a "theme" song suggestion?  Think... "member written songs" or "Christmas/Winter songs" or "break up songs" or "love songs" or ... any certain theme!

Let us know what YOU think!  We have lots more months ahead of us, unless the internet dies! ha ha ha!  smile  So, how would YOU like to see the November song chosen?

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Jan et al......

I thought it was going to be a vote as well, that is why I sent in a bunch just to give some options.  However, sInce it went into the hat with that wascally wabbit.......  I think that because I was already  chosen once before, I don't I should've been the one to be chosen again. Unless everyone is really good with the song take it easy that was chosen - why don't you re-draw and take my suggestions out so another chordian has a chance to be drawn. (Or maybe pick a third one.)

Just saying....
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

mekidsmom wrote:

We are discussing now how to run next month's thread.  How about a vote on that? How would YOU ALL like to see the FSOTM chosen for November? Let's put THAT to a vote!  smile

Do you prefer the hat, or moderators choice, or would you prefer to put it to a membership vote for November?

How about a "theme" song suggestion?  Think... "member written songs" or "Christmas/Winter songs" or "break up songs" or "love songs" or ... any certain theme!

Let us know what YOU think!  We have lots more months ahead of us, unless the internet dies! ha ha ha!  smile  So, how would YOU like to see the November song chosen?

I prefer a group vote, but at least would like to see some consistency from month to month.

I would be happy to listen to Christmas or winter songs, but if we go that route I'll rest my voice for a month - I got enough of holiday music in school to last a lifetime. smile

mekidsmom wrote:

Don't care. i just don't want any responsibility or accountability. Pick a song, vote for a song, genre, do your thing. I shall salute the flag.

mekidsmom wrote:

Don't care. i just don't want any responsibility or accountability. Pick a song, vote for a song, genre, do your thing. I shall salute the flag.

46 (edited by easybeat 2016-09-29 23:19:08)

Gidday All
I think SOTM is a great idea.well done mods.
I`ve done a few snippets of SOTM to support the idea & the mods.
Many of the songs chosen are similar types.
I would like the mods to choose 1 song. Maybe a song thats been covered
by many different styles /artists.put up a link to a few versions.
Eg `Fever` recorded in the 50s as RnB.In the 60s by Peggy Lee (jazz)
Madonna in the 90s (pop)  2016 Russell from chordie (rock)    Plus many other covers/ styles inbetween.
Also 1 song picked from chordians suggestions.
The songs that have been covered so far are usually covered in the style of the hit record.Although often
the original performance done by the writer if different again.
hey just my two cents worth.

The King Of Audio Torture

unclejoesband ............. lol, nope you didn`t, it`s great you joined in and chose a song smile

Tigljk ............  glad you entered heaps of song suggestions , it makes it more interesting having lots of song choices.  Explanation of why it was chosen 'from the hat' instead of a 'vote' I  explained further up the top of this thread smile  Regardless of if it had been a vote or pulled out of the hat, either way, one of your songs still could have got chosen (Vote or Hat) which means your song would still have been picked smile

Baldguitardude, Zurf, easybeat, thanks for the feedback smile

Anyone else like to make suggestions, here is your chance smile

I think the remaining songs should stay in the hat and just do another drawing.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thanks all for your feedback!  We'll discuss and a new thread will be posted soon!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

50 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-10-04 22:34:20)

This may be a little late and way old, but it's a beautiful song and never fails to make me swallow hard and rain a little. Is it okay to post the link? It's The Brothers Four:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUZpjW7QHGo

Your Pal

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com