Topic: Newbie

Hi everyone,newbie here.I have been playing for about 20 years and still lousey.But that is because I play for a month and then drift to something else.Lately I have been more serious.This is a great site and I am glad I found it.Was looking for tab to Borderline[OnThe Borderline-lonlely runs both ways] by AKUS.I am a hugh fan of Jerry Douglas Ron Block and of couse Alison.They are on my myspace site-www.myspace.com/williamworley  but they dont know me. Anyway I hope I can ask questions and get some help here with my guitar pickin.Thanks!

Re: Newbie

Hi wworley
Welcome. Glad you decided to register.
Any Questions you have will certainly recieve varied answers. smile
Do you write songs? If you do would like to see them in the song writting section.

Regards

Ark

Welcome to Chordie,
I'm sure you will enjoy your time with us here. Ask all the questions you want and everybody will toss in their two cents worth.

Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Thanks! I think my first question for the groupe would be :what does everyone do to learn-practice strums? For me this one of the hardest aspects of acoustic guitar playing.Any patterns out there?If anyone needs any help in the smooth easy genre let me know.I have just passed the level 1 Pro tools exam so a lil knowledge makes me real dangerous [;=

I would be happy to post any of my songs in the songwriting section.Will check it out but most of my stuff is pretty mellow.That is why I have pulled out the ole 6 string to try and get some rhythm going.