Topic: Enter your name for a chance to pick the FSOM for November 2016

When the idea for this forum section started out, it was no more than a simple thread posted, and an idea by a member.  The member chose the song, and a bunch of people joined in on covering the song along with her (ahem, Jan).  That amazing member then became a moderator here, with the main purpose of helping out in this new section of the forums created to carry on the idea of a Featured song of the month!

We continued picking songs as moderators.  Then we asked for song suggestions.  We picked names out of a hat at times and have gone back and forth with asking for song suggestions or names.  The section moderators have tried to keep things fresh and mix it up a little here and there with how the Featured song is chosen each month.  We had some great suggestions on how to run it for the next month and have come to a decision on how to change it up - yet again!  Get ready...

Would YOU like to be the one to pick ONE of the songs of the month for NOVEMBER?

This month will be similar to previous months, with a twist!  We'll place your names in a hat and we'll pick ONE person's name from the hat, and let YOU pick one of the songs to feature as the Song of The Month!

We will still have two songs... the moderators of this section (UJB, Jandle, and myself) will take a list of ALL the song suggestions previously made in other months that were NOT chosen, and we'll choose one of those songs as the second song to feature as the Song of The Month!

What? That's right!  If you have previously submitted a song suggestion for the Featured Song of The Month and it wasn't chosen in that month, there's a chance that it could still get chosen THIS month!  We thought this was a fair way to try to ensure that MORE people get a chance to have their suggestion chosen, as well as to try to balance things a little. There were a few months where we had some songs that were very very similar.  Other months the songs chosen were unknown to some of our friends across the pond (awesome songs, but sometimes it's difficult to try to cover something totally unknown).  There's some members who are far more talented than others and they may choose a song that's maybe a bit more advanced to play.  The PLAN with this is by moderation choosing a song that's already been suggested, you have a second chance at "winning" and we can try to ensure that there's two songs next month that are complementary and hopefully everyone can participate a little more.  big_smile  We would like to thank easybeat for putting us on track with this suggestion!

Now, that said - some have expressed an interest in a vote and there was some confusion last month.  I'd like to clarify.  We try every month to make the determination by the end of the month.  SO - by about the 25th of October, the song will be chosen!  If you want to put your name in the hat, or put your thoughts in and try to sway moderation to to choose a specific song from those previously suggested, you'll need do to so before that date!  smile  (cheat like Roger - tongue) We are very sorry for any confusion caused last month; we were hoping you all would share your thoughts on song suggestions made before the hat came out.  Because we didn't hear much feedback on those songs that were already suggested in the thread, and just received a bigger list, we just tossed 'em in the hat.  That said, holy crows the list is now HUGE for us to choose from!

If YOU would like to choose the next Featured Song of the Month

Reply to this thread with something interesting that indicates your desire! 
No need to pick the song yet! Surprise everyone with your choice if your name gets pulled from the hat! 
Just enter your name in this thread for a chance to WIN your choice of song!

Examples: "PICK ME!  PICK ME!"
"I want to pick the song"
"Tomatoes are fruits.  Drop my name in the hat please!." 
*or whatever imaginable thing you can add that also includes something that makes it clear that you want a chance to choose the next FSOTM!  big_smile  We'll try to pay attention to those saying, "don't put my name in, I just wanted to comment" this time!  I know there were some past months where folks wanted to add their thoughts in the thread, but didn't want ther name in the hat.  We'll do our best!  So if you DO want your name in, make sure you say so!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.walletpop.ca/media/2011/11/6hat-1321890983.jpg

Everyone that posts in this thread indicating their desire will have their name "placed in a hat" and the name will be randomly chosen.  If you are chosen, you then get to choose the song of the month!  The winner will be chosen with names pulled from a hat and it will be broadcast via VIDEO!  The winner's name shall be posted in this thread near the end of October.  The winner must submit the ONE song of their choice for the song of the month by the end of the Month.

This thread is now open, and we're ready!  NOW TAKING NAMES!  If you posted in the past that you wanted to be in for this month, it does NOT count!  You've got to post in THIS thread.  Also, feel free to cheat, try to sway moderator's decisions, trick others into not submitting their names so that you can win, tell us that we have to pick a certain song from the previous ones submitted, insist that Christmas is coming and you want to hear Christmas music for the ENTIRE month of November, etc... just keep it clean and in good fun!  big_smile

So what are you waiting for?  READY?  SET?  GO!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Enter your name for a chance to pick the FSOM for November 2016

Pick me pick me!!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

pick Dino pick Dino
he`s always online supporting everyone

The King Of Audio Torture

easybeat wrote:

pick Dino pick Dino
he`s always online supporting everyone

LOL!  Hmm... that might just count as dino's name going in twice... if we go by the non-rule related rules I provided...  tongue

5 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-10-10 17:15:22)

Umm, pick ME? I ain't never done it right, if I remember correctly.....

Bill

EDITED TO ADD: Oh! I have to play it myself???? I don't have a guitar right now -  only my drums, but can I pick a song and  get one of our family to play it for us? Sorry, I STILL didn't understand it. The best I could do would be Wipeout, but I don't have a mic. Sorry I keep getting it wrong, but if I could, I'd play, "Sloop John B"...... But I vote for my very good pal, dino, and he probably knows what song I'd like him to play.....

Your Pal,

"Batty Bill"

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

how about wipe out? that bill can get in on the action with his drums

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Bill, you don`t have to play guitar, you can play any instrument including drums, so yep enter your name smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Bill

EDITED TO ADD: Oh! I have to play it myself???? I don't have a guitar right now -  only my drums, but can I pick a song and  get one of our family to play it for us? Sorry, I STILL didn't understand it. The best I could do would be Wipeout, but I don't have a mic. Sorry I keep getting it wrong, but if I could, I'd play, "Sloop John B"...... But I vote for my very good pal, dino, and he probably knows what song I'd like him to play.....

Your Pal,

"Batty Bill"

I can not sing at all, I sound like a frog

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Bill

Your Pal,

"Batty Bill"

I can not sing at all, I sound like a frog

Sing anyway. It's good for you.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Bill some drummers I know are better guitarists than many guitarists I know. Surprise yourself!

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Any one else wanting their name to be entered?  Ya all gone shy on us? smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

OK, please add mine.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Bill

Your Pal,

"Batty Bill"

Bill I got the song and I can play it well,it's pretty easy.

This is what happens when Jan is away.. Joe and I  are no good with getting things done on time!  LOL!  We'll pick the song, and get the new thread up sometime TODAY!  smile

mekidsmom wrote:

This is what happens when Jan is away.. Joe and I  are no good with getting things done on time!  LOL!  We'll pick the song, and get the new thread up sometime TODAY!  smile

Are you picking the song or picking someone to pick the song?

Baldguitardude wrote:
mekidsmom wrote:

But won't we be picking the song that's picked by the song picker who is picked?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I am in.

Do we have to pick the song or can we strum the song the song picker has picked????

The King Of Audio Torture

Sorry for the delay. The last few weeks have found me swamped with work and everybody wants it done yesterday. As Amy said, Jan is away and I know Amy is always busy either working online or on the kids school curriculum.

With that said......

Three folks threw their name in the hat this month. Dino, Roger and Bill. I had hoped to video actually pulling a name from a hat but maybe next time.

No hat but I did put the three names in a small box and pulled one out.

Dino, would you be so kind as to pick the SOTM?

unclejoesband wrote:

Sorry for the delay. The last few weeks have found me swamped with work and everybody wants it done yesterday. As Amy said, Jan is away and I know Amy is always busy either working online or on the kids school curriculum.

With that said......

Three folks threw their name in the hat this month. Dino, Roger and Bill. I had hoped to video actually pulling a name from a hat but maybe next time.

No hat but I did put the three names in a small box and pulled one out.

Dino, would you be so kind as to pick the SOTM?

Guess I won.  I think an easy one will be good . Friends in low Places by Garth Brooks .

Baldguitardude wrote:
mekidsmom wrote:

I'm sorry!  What I meant to say was... we'll pick a name, and a song, and get the new thread up sometime in the next 48 hours! 

Actually - What really happened is - I realized TODAY that it was already November and we were late.  THEN I realized Jan had told us she'd be gone and I checked my emails.  She's due back tomorrow!  So I started scrambling this morning without even a whole cup of coffee in me and having to start work in a matter of just a few minutes.  So, I QUICK emailed Joe and made sure you all realized that I realized that I forgot what day and month it was (and clearly wasn't clear about who or what needed picking).  And then I realized there were only three names here - and it seemed like trying to get the kids to video pulling a name out of a hat while I was working would be a bit overkill with only 3 names put in.  sad  So, I put allllll the previous song suggestions I could find into an email and shot that off to Joe and I put him in charge. 

Way to hand off the responsibility huh?  smile

Seriously, I'm sorry for causing confusion and getting behind.  sad 

Congrats Dino! Thanks for being way faster at choosing something than we were!  smile  And also, thanks for humoring us!  Nice song choice! 

Joe's got the BIG LIST of all the previous song suggestions I could find!  I'll start a post now with Dino's FSOTM song choice and we'll get that new thread updated very SOON with a moderator song choice pulled from the list of previous suggestions!