1 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-10-23 12:04:51)

Topic: Fender Modern Player and customer reviews

OK 
after going through hundreds of posts and trying to search - I have given up. 

I thought it was Dino or Russell that got a new Fender modern player charcoal color guitar.

I ws looking at them on musicians friend site and they have then with no NYS sales tax and was actually considering getting one.

However as I was reading reviews  I rllaized that about half the reviews were the same for these guitars as many of the other guitars.  WTF is that - do they have people that just write reviews for theses places ?  I have come to the conclusion that  reviews online are pretty useless.  Guess I just have to go to a guitar shop and play one.

Russell and Dino - if it was you, do you like yours ? I remember one of you telling me you got yours for $ 299 or something rediculous  , now it's  selling for $ 499

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

2 (edited by Russell_Harding 2016-10-23 16:07:41)

Re: Fender Modern Player and customer reviews

TIGLJK wrote:

OK 
after going through hundreds of posts and trying to search - I have given up. 

I thought it was Dino or Russell that got a new Fender modern player charcoal color guitar.

I ws looking at them on musicians friend site and they have then with no NYS sales tax and was actually considering getting one.

However as I was reading reviews  I rllaized that about half the reviews were the same for these guitars as many of the other guitars.  WTF is that - do they have people that just write reviews for theses places ?  I have come to the conclusion that  reviews online are pretty useless.  Guess I just have to go to a guitar shop and play one.

Russell and Dino - if it was you, do you like yours ? I remember one of you telling me you got yours for $ 299 or something rediculous  , now it's  selling for $ 499

I purchased a Fender Modern player tele and absolutely love it!! when they first advertised them I spoke with my sales rep at Sweetwater I have an account there and he told me about the new tele and they were selling for $299.00 he offered me a demo model with a nick on the back for $260.00 it stlll had all the plastic stretch wrap on it so I jumped on it all I can say is it is featured in several of my videos on you tube now I have three favorites my Les Paul the Modern Tele and my new Fender Squire. The Modern Tele has a fantastic neck and the tuners are excelllent it stays in tune and I bend the bjesus out of the strings I wish you lived near me I would let you play it but if you can find one at a music store try it out! you may find a demo somewhere for less you never know but from me I can only say it is a fantastic guitar. hope this helps smile
This will give you an idea of the sounds the Modern player tele puts out (listen with earphones it sounds better) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv-AkUyz9is

"Growing old is not for sissies"

3 (edited by dino48 2016-10-23 17:39:22)

Re: Fender Modern Player and customer reviews

Was not me so Russ is the only one. The only Fender I have is A Mexican Stratocaster.and it is a black one not gray.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman