1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-10-30 02:53:26)

Topic: This Needs A Fifth Line, I Believe, And....

......a new title. I "stole" it from another title called "Living and Dying in Three Quarter Time": Anyway, here it is and as always improvements and suggestions are very welcome. Key changes, maybe.....?

Thanks,

Bill

Dying In Three Quarter Time

How come we never talk to each other ‘bout  dyin?
No one should do it alone and leave people  ’cryin’
There should be no regrets you did what you could just by tryin’
So how come we never talk to each other ‘bout dyin’?

You were happy sometimes, first time in love, felt like ringing a bell
But who knows what's waiting for you now is it heaven or hell
Is it one or the other and at your own end who can tell?
So tell all  your people to give you a smile as they throw a coin in the well

Bridge

Your wife and your friends (however many there are)
Stand at your coffin and wish they were drunk in a bar
“‘Cause it’s what he would want” they say to each other
As all of them head for their car.

So that’s all there is, a short life, but man it was good
Many a time you failed but you sure did what you could
So you oughta die happy, that’s the way to go and you should
Tell ‘em goodbye,  tell ‘em not to cry  and bury you deep in the wood.

Repeat bridge and first verse

PS: I think this would work well with certain words emphasized and yeah: I know it's a little weird and strange, but that's how my mind works today. Also, I've been in here several times and made some changes of my own, but I am still not satsified. Question: Would any of you sing/play this thing at a gig? I think I know the answer already: "Leave it as a POEM, Bill"!!!!!! smile smile smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: This Needs A Fifth Line, I Believe, And....

Gidday Bill
this is excellent,good to see you are doing more writing.
keep it comin`.
Thanks

The King Of Audio Torture

Easy is just one of my favorite "Kiwis"! Thank you, Sir and let me keep working on it and maybe I can turn it into something satirical and funny. This thing really has a hold on me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9AXMkRgn4E

As I have said before, my "muse" only visits me from time to time and today she hit me on top of the head! smile smile smile

Thanks for the compliment, my friend!

Your friend from up top, always

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Hi Bill, I'd like you to make it funny if you could? It's a little depressing when someone else is having the same thoughts as you are and wondering what comes next? Do we sleep and dream nice thoughts for eternity are we reborn as a new baby? Or just the blackness of nothing? See depressing. I try and think nice thoughts, I like the idea of slipping into a dream state and never knowing you're actually dead!

Your poem/song is thought provoking as you can see. You're doing great Bill, keep them coming.

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Phill

First let me say, it's always good to hear from my friend from over the "great pond". About making the "thing" (That's what I have taken to calling it) funny, I will try, but nothing occurs to me at present. It was just my mood at that time and i'm over it now. smile I was just thinking about stuff we avoid discussing and that immediately came to the forefront. Perhaps I could choose another subject like how we try not to laugh not to laugh when someone passes wind. When I was younger, I used to have to run out of church and lie down in the car to let the laughter out! Sorry, but that's who I was then.

Anyway, I enjoy your suggestions and am grateful for the compliments and miss you when I don't see you here. Got any music I may have missed commenting on?

Your Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

That's great work, Bill ... wow! After reading and re-reading, a fifth line might be:

"Just passin' through ... to don't know where, don't know when."