1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-11-08 09:48:16)

Topic: Hey Mister

https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/2016-11-0620151426a
I have writen a poem about a conversation I like to have with a suicide bomber. A big long ???????? I have made a attempt at turning it into a song on soundcloud. My version is not very good but I think someone else might be able to turn it into a song. This poem is not an attack on followers of Islam.

Hey Mister
Hey Mister can you tell me what your heaven's like.
Is that some sort of a place that's made on spite.
I don't understand why you want to blow yourself up and innocent people.
Hey Mister I dont understand you at all.
NO NO
Don't you have people that you love.
Hey Mister what's your heaven's like.
I thought that God made us for love.
I thought he made us differant so that we could enjoy each others differances.
I didn't think he  created us for war and self destruction.
Hey Mister, Mister, Mister can you tell me what your heaven's like.
Hey Mister Hey Mister can you tell me what your heaven's about.
Hey Mister do you believe in the same God as I do.
Is your God of hate instead a God of love like the one that I presume is the God of the Universe.
Hey Mister what's your heavens like what your heaven's like.
Tell me what your heaven is like.
Please don't blow me up.
Don't blow my kids up.
Don't blow up the innocent.
Don't blow yourself up just for some strange cause.

2 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-11-08 18:00:44)

Re: Hey Mister

Comments left for you on SoundCloud, my friend, but the short of it is, I loved it and it's Righteous. To me, it's your poem (or song - I prefer to call it a song as you accompanied your words with your guitar). It's what Tyson7 wrote in his reply to one of my posts: PASSIONATE! It's my opinion that only you can improve it and you should keep it and not turn it over to "someone else".

I do not mean that someone else shouldn't cover it - not at all. I consider a cover a "compliment" and you certainly deserve that. An awesomely written and performed work, Pete.

EDITED: Due to extraneous words changing the meaning of what I intended to say. Sometimes I want to say one thing, realize it reads wrong, but forget to take it out. This is what happened here. The words were "too much" and referred to Joe's comment about passion. Thanks

Your Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Bill your such an awesome scribe and follower of music and life. I soak up your comments like a sponge. You make Chordie Land a wonderful land to be part of.. I try to put passion into my life's creative attempts without it everythings falls flat. I glad you understood my strange Kiwi wording structures.
Your Friend.
Pete

Peatle,  thought provoking and very much a subject many these days are pondering and questioning.  Well done and i like the way you have put it to music smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Well written, Peatle.

For a detailed discussion about suicide bombings, terrorist attacks, and the like, read an explanatory book "On Suicide Bombing" by Talal Asad. It'll make your blood curdle for sure. Here are some quotes ... horrifying stuff:

http://www.antropologi.info/blog/anthro … e_bombing_

Thank  you Tenement for that link interesting reading. Nothing in life is straight forward and the reasoning around actions taken by people in war is always  going to be  complex. I guess at times individual  sense of destiny drives one to sacrific life.

I think its great. It's straight from your heart, I can feel your frustration in coming out in the song. I ran it through a few times and it took me back to the 60s, to artists like Buffy Sainte Marie, Joan Baez, Donovan. It's raw and it's organic. Love it.

Thick as two short planks

8 (edited by Classical Guitar 2016-11-09 01:08:38)

Your song and the words tell the story. It is unique and thought provoking. The protest songs from another time period did not have suicide bombers to worry about.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

That is the good thing about folk music is it can always talk about whats happening in the now and also the past. I think that folk music has always been a great platform to open up discussion on what's happening in the world. Thank you Keepitreal and Classical Guitar for your feed back I enjoy your comments.

Honestly I've had that conversation myself....you want to know why? Not just why the guy is happy to kill him/herself but why kill possibly hundreds of innocents?
Yes we all know the Japanese had harakiri pilots, the Italians had manned torpedos. And every country have soldiers willing to sacrifice themselves to save others. But they killed combatants not the innocents and that was during wartime not when we think we are at peace.

The god of Islam just like Jesus preached peace and love not violence. It's man's greed for money and power that has killed millions not to mention the biggest killer.... religion!

Returning to the subject; well written and delivered, I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I promise I will.

Great work my friend, as usual.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I think perhaps you miss my point CG. Although suicide bombers do go back many hundreds of years, and their were many plane hijackings in the 60s. My point is that the song itself just comes straight from the heart. It doesn't need rehearsal, just feeling. This would go down well in any pub, folk club or festival.

Thick as two short planks

Phill Williams wrote:

Honestly I've had that conversation myself....you want to know why? Not just why the guy is happy to kill him/herself but why kill possibly hundreds of innocents?
Yes we all know the Japanese had harakiri pilots, the Italians had manned torpedos. And every country have soldiers willing to sacrifice themselves to save others. But they killed combatants not the innocents and that was during wartime not when we think we are at peace.

The god of Islam just like Jesus preached peace and love not violence. It's man's greed for money and power that has killed millions not to mention the biggest killer.... religion!

Returning to the subject; well written and delivered, I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I promise I will.

Great work my friend, as usual.

there lies the irony the god of islam and the god Christianity are one in the same, . having spent 4 years working in Iraq I  made some good friends and learned a lot about the people and religion. it was an eye opening experience for a red neck like me. the story of Jesus is in the koran they believe in the virgin birth the difference being they believe Jesus to be a prophet and not the son of god. you will also find the stories noah, Jonas , Moses and others  there. I have my own opinions on why some of them do the things they do but it is way to complicated to go into in a post here. I will say this, many of my Iraqi friends  ask the same questions as stated in Peatles song.

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Thank you for all your valuable insights on how the world still hasn't learnt to live in Peace. Folk music is a good genre to get people discussing all that afflicts humans.

I think someone has a HIT on his hands!!!!!

Well, Pete?

You're UP my friend!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com