Topic: need chordians opinons

ok so first of the year I am planning to go into the local studio here  for the first time and record a few of my songs . question is which songs to record. I have my own personal picks but just curious how they compared to what  my friends  here think. so I would appreciate if you have the time in your busy days which 4 or 5 songs you think I should do. telling me I am wasting my time is also a viable answer as I have talked myself out of doing this several times already. any way looking forward to your suggestions and thanks for your time

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: need chordians opinons

Play the ones you play best.   You're basically going to be paying for time, so there's no point wasting it practicing while you're in studio.

Pick the most complete, competent songs you have, and get them to disk.  They'll sound the best and you won't have to make any excused for them.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:

Play the ones you play best.   You're basically going to be paying for time, so there's no point wasting it practicing while you're in studio.

Pick the most complete, competent songs you have, and get them to disk.  They'll sound the best and you won't have to make any excused for them.

thanks Jerome that's some sound advice right there (pun intended) really that makes a lot of sense thanks

out of tune out of key and out of touch

mojo01 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

thanks Jerome that's some sound advice right there (pun intended) really that makes a lot of sense thanks

Sounds like the best plan too go with,thats what I would do also.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Moj
i like your last two songs,i think a great place to start.
congratulations on going ahead with it this time.
best of luck i know you will do a fine job.

The King Of Audio Torture

mojo01 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Happy to help!

Here's some more.   Before you record, spend a little to get your guitars set up.  New strings, frets dressed, truss adjusted, etc...  Just like you want to play the songs you play the best, you want them to sound as good as possible.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

The Five top songs of yours I like the best are.
One More Day.
No Name.
Broken Branch.
World Won't Stop.
Destiny.
You are a top song writer and performer. The main thing to do is play what you feel is right for you in the studio. The good thing  will be that the sound engineers can take out any bits you dont like and patch in the bits you have to  do over again.  Your end product will sound like one take and will be a real cool  listen.

8 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-11-19 12:09:46)

I have no idea what its like to go to studio, but I do know that you are a great writer with a unique style.  Whatever songs you choose to do in the studio, keep your ownership stamped all over it - don't change. To me it is your uniqueness that makes your songs inimitable and distinctive.  I really admire the works you have shared... always the top shelf!

I am looking forward to studio versions.  Good luck !   ( and to all Chordians- we can say we knew him before he was famous - when he was just a gherkin!) smile

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

It's all been said, Mojo ... I hope you have a blast recording your best stuff!