1 (edited by dino48 2016-12-01 15:21:08)

Topic: Bob Dylan

Dylan had someone else to get his Nobel,and today he snubbed the President by refusing too go the white house..

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Bob Dylan

Typical Bob
Would anyone expect anything else?

He is inimitable

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

3 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-01 02:44:35)

Yeah, okay --- I get it, Dino, my friend: It's all about calling attention to one's "cause" (George C. Scott refused his Oscar to "call attention" to the plight of the American Indians back in the 19th century), but what you're really doing -----Bob ---- is calling attention to YOURSELF, aren't you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwqnqL3Hbg

So what 'good" have you done, -----Bob? ----- with your little dog and pony show?

You lost some of that "class" I always thought you had.

You had a choice, Bob; you could have done what anyone of us fortunate enough to win the prize could have done: Received it, shook hands, smiled and said thanks; Then  you could have shown an equal amount of gravitas the President was prepared to show you and  shown him that you too can be gracious and a gentleman, but no...... you took the "low road" didn't you, Bob?

You wanted to show all of us what you're made of, right Bob?

Well, you certainly did that........ didn'tcha................ Bob?

-------------  The above is my opinion only and  not necessarily those of the staff and management of Chordie.com.  -------------

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Yeah, okay --- I get it, Dino, my friend: It's all about calling attention to one's "cause" (George C. Scott refused his Oscar to "call attention" to the plight of the American Indians back in the 19th century), but what you're really doing -----Bob ---- is calling attention to YOURSELF, aren't you?

So what 'good" have you done, -----Bob? ----- with your little dog and pony show?

You had a choice, Bob; you could have done what anyone of us fortunate enough to win the prize could have done: Received it, shook hands, smiled and said thanks; Then  you could have shown an equal amount of gravitas the President was prepared to show you and  shown him that you too can be gracious and a gentleman, but no...... you took the "low road" didn't you, Bob?

-------------  The above is my opinion only and  not necessarily those of the staff and management of Chordie.com.  -------------

Bill

I think Bob just really has no respect for these two so he tends to stay away from them.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Fabulous!

This is one of the best rants about anyone or anything I've read all year. I laughed till I cried, and even agreed with a lot of it.

Thanks, Bill ... biggest smile I've had in a while! big_smile

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Bill

TIGLJK wrote:

Typical Bob
Would anyone expect anything else?

He is inimitable

Incorrigible too. Dude just can't be corriged. wink

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com