Topic: Greg Lake RIP

More bad news guys Greg Lake one time member of Emerson, Lake and Palmer has sadly passed away.

another sad loss, great bassist, singer and guitarist....RIP Greg

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Greg Lake RIP

Another great one leaves us, and Greg was a master at his trade. The news says it was cancer that got him, and only 69 years old. That's now 2/3rds of E.L.P. gone, with Keith Emerson having left us back in March. R.I.P. Greg.

3 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-10 01:49:54)

I am sorry to hear of this. I have several of ELP's live CD's/DVD's and Greg always was a very personable and amiable person. I had no idea he wrote "Lucky Man" when he was just 11. Yes, Rest In Peace, Greg.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Another sad loss for the music industry sad

R.I.P.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I feel so sad at Gregs passing in a way more so than Keith's not sure why. The guy was a gentlemen as well as wonderful guitarist and musician.
ELP was and still is one of my all time favourite bands and had a great influence in my musical choices.
I know death is a part of life but losing your musical heros brings home to me how short life is.
RIP Greg and thanks.

Greg Lake was a magic muscian. ELP  were an exceptional band.

Being that it's The Christmas Season, I thought y'all might appreciate this song by Mssrs. Greg Lake and Ian Anderson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-PAKOt7sM

All the best for the season!

Bill and Dondra Craig

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Thanks for that Bill, very surprising and very uplifting.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

DA**IT!!!! I can't stop watching this without my lower lip trembling and my face raining all over the keyboard!!!! What a beautiful guy and musician he was! Sorry, but I did this same thing when John and George died. Y'all are just gonna have to overlook this demented old man!

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Just a weird coincidence. Not a joke. They died in the order of the names. Emerson, Lake.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Ditto with what Phill said in his reply to your link Bill.
Thanks.

One of the best renditions I've heard.  He had that one of a kind, distinctive voice.  Having Ian Anderson there made it awesome as well.
Loved the church choir as back up. Superb musicians delivering a TERRIC SONG.

THANKS FOR SHARING IT.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

POST DELETED. Inappropriate content and uncaring of me to write it.....

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass