Topic: Hi there, I am 'new'

Thought I would introduce myself. I am a new acoustic player. I live just north of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I have only been playing for 4 months or so, but am doing well. Some songs are starting to sound pretty darn good already!!  So I am completely obsessed with playing, play for hours on end, search for music on Chordie for hours on end, and am really becoming ADDICTED!  I like a wide variety of music.  Rock for the most part, some country, and folksie stuff.  Eagles are my favorite.  I just can't believe how fun it is to play!  smile  I am looking forward to learning alot on the boards here!

Sage

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life" ~Berthold Auerbach

“If you can walk you can dance. If you can talk you can sing” ~Zimbabwean Proverb

Re: Hi there, I am 'new'

Welcome Sage121, from the east coast of Canada.Chordie is a great site and will help you along the way. Take care and keep on strumming.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Hi sage121 and welcome to chordie's forum.  Never a dull moment here since we have participants from all around the planet.  I know what you mean about spending lots of time on chordie since it is a boundless resource.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Thanks for the Welcomes! This is a GREAT site!
Sage

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life" ~Berthold Auerbach

“If you can walk you can dance. If you can talk you can sing” ~Zimbabwean Proverb

Hi sage.

Welcome and enjoy, ask question and reply or just chat in here. whtever, enjoy!!

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi sage121
Welcome to Chodie it's a great  place for guitar players.

Regards

Ark

hi sage welcome to chordie... ive been playing abut four years now and i say to you DON"T EVER LOSE THAT DRIVE TO PLAY. Thats the difference in the people who really learn how to play thier instrument and those who end up dropping it somewhere along the way.
Chordie's an awesome site and theres lots of help available here so..... enjoy big_smile

All You Need is Love smile

Hi There Sage, From what I have read about you, all that I have to say is that is you are on the right track, Pracice is the key, Pactice, practice, practice and after that practice some more

what a long strange trip it's been

practice is the key word andalso enjoying all you learn ,good luck...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Welcome.  I'm another newbie and look forward to encouraging one another.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hey Sage,
You'll love it here.  Cool Site, Cool People.  Enjoy your playing.

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"