Topic: Practicing.....

....... like crazy to get you all a song ready for New Year's Eve.

Due to personal family and other difficulties I have not gotten my head straight enough to write some extra lyrics to "Cotton Fields" for my Kiwi and Aussie friends, and I am sorry about that. However I do have a song I am working on which I think you may like to hear. It has a  special meaning for me and I will explain that when I upload the song to SoundCloud.

What I want to do is record it onto Dondra's tablet and then make an mp3 file and then put it on the Cloud.

Does that make sense or would I be doing it wrong? It will be the first time I will ever have done this on my own, so I hope it works out. Doug has been advising me on how to use my microphone (an old Shure), but I've been so crazy here lately, I'd rather do it on the tablet. Besides, I don't have a desk or regular mic stand anymore.

Thank you

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Practicing.....

Hi Bill

I have no love for Sure mike's anyway. If you're recording onto a computer of some sort you'll probably get a better sound from the on board mike. You will need an MP3 program on the tablet to change it to MP3, but I think SoundCloud accepts WAV files anyway?

Good luck with your recording can't wait to hear it.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

3 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-12-29 20:27:57)

Re: Practicing.....

I know, Phill. there is a sound  section on my computer and one can activate the mic, but what does one sing into? In other words,  where on the CPU is it?

Thanks

Bill

EDITED TO ADD: Never mind, my friend. I think I have it sussed (that's the way y'all say that right, "sussed"? wink  )  What I did was find an old surround sound set of headphones with a mic attached. It fits into the mic USB port on the front of my computer, so I can sing into the mic and it will pick up the guitar as well. Does that sound right? I will then save it as an mp3 or wav file and upload to SOundCloud. Right? smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com