Topic: Dream Lover

This is one of my favorites form the past and after a 3 week break the guys got together and jammed out quite a few songs which I have to edit  this one Dream Lover remains a standard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsmGP1B … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

2 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-12-30 02:15:08)

Re: Dream Lover

where are the cymbals - i hear them and see the drummer reach for them ...but don't see them ?

Great song though Russell - well played.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

where are the cymbals - i hear them and see the drummer reach for them ...but don't see them ?

Great song though Russell - well played.

The saturation point on my video program is sensitive and I missed it I applied to much when I faded the green screen out thanks for pointing that out and next time I will pay more attention to detail smile

4 (edited by TIGLJK 2016-12-30 14:14:26)

Russell,
I hope you don't think I was criticizing it - I actually thought there was something wrong with my video player on my computer. smile 
Your technological abilities are way beyond my capabilities.

You guys really have it going ! It must be a blast!    I certainly wish that I could play and sing as well you .

Keep'em coming Russell ( with or without the cymbals!)  I enjoy your performances

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Russell,
I hope you don't think I was criticizing it - I actually thought there was something wrong with my video player on my computer. smile 
Your technological abilities are way beyond my capabilities.

You guys really have it going ! It must be a blast!    I certainly wish that I could play and sing as well you .

Keep'em coming Russell ( with or without the cymbals!)  I enjoy your performances

Jim

Jim I didn't think that you were criticizing and I am glad you pointed it out ok smile One thing about our band is we will try anything if it sounds good, I learned all the guitar parts for Kashmir a song by Led Zepplin we did a quick run through but have to solve a small problem the bass player will have to loop the keyboard part and i have to grow another brain to sing the lyrics and play counter to it on my guitar but non the less we will do it. I keep the camera running and some of the most outrageous moments happen before and after the song starts but the language is not fit for family viewing lol

Russell ...

I hear you loud & clear about trying to sing & play "Kashmir" at the same time ... a bit of schizophrenia might be handy! lol I came up with a somewhat simplified arrangement of it (played in A) which can be done in standard tuning, and sung along to a bit easier. The basic riff involves using your A-string as the drone, and working up the G-string with the note progression, while hitting the open D along with the progression, and alternately striking the open A. It works well on acoustic, and also suits my vocal register a bit better ... give it a try.

You are getting good tunes out with the band thanks Russell.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Russell_Harding wrote:
Tenement Funster wrote:

Russell ...

I hear you loud & clear about trying to sing & play "Kashmir" at the same time ... a bit of schizophrenia might be handy! lol I came up with a somewhat simplified arrangement of it (played in A) which can be done in standard tuning, and sung along to a bit easier. The basic riff involves using your A-string as the drone, and working up the G-string with the note progression, while hitting the open D along with the progression, and alternately striking the open A. It works well on acoustic, and also suits my vocal register a bit better ... give it a try.

TF there are workarounds to Kasmir I watched a few but none really capture the aggressive feeling as the Led Zep version which is why I chose to do theirs, one advantage is I am using my Gibson Les Paul  it has the perfect tone for this song not to mention the auto tuners I can dial up the tuning with the push of a button  and the main reason is it presents a challenge smile

dino48 wrote:

You are getting good tunes out with the band thanks Russell.

Thanks dino we have put together a nice play list mixing it up with oldies, blues and some classic rock songs

Russell_Harding wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:
Tenement Funster wrote:

Russell ...

TF there are workarounds to Kasmir I watched a few but none really capture the aggressive feeling as the Led Zep version which is why I chose to do theirs, one advantage is I am using my Gibson Les Paul  it has the perfect tone for this song not to mention the auto tuners I can dial up the tuning with the push of a button  and the main reason is it presents a challenge smile

I completely agree, Russell ...

The original version in DADGAD tuning is the best. I'm just too lazy to tune / retune for one song. lol Also, this abbreviated version of mine sounds (to my ears) better on an acoustic than does the original. That was the main reason I wanted a work-a-round, i.e., for an acoustic version in standard tuning, that enabled me to sing along easier while playing it.

I can't wait to hear yours!

Tenement Funster wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

I completely agree, Russell ...

The original version in DADGAD tuning is the best. I'm just too lazy to tune / retune for one song. lol Also, this abbreviated version of mine sounds (to my ears) better on an acoustic than does the original. That was the main reason I wanted a work-a-round, i.e., for an acoustic version in standard tuning, that enabled me to sing along easier while playing it.

I can't wait to hear yours!

we get together next tuesday I think charting out the arrangement will make it easier for me to remember or just re-arranging it because some of it is redundant,keep in mind this was performed for a live concert audience before it was recorded and the arrangement is a little different so no reason I cant take a little liberty just as long as the lyrics are there and the different sections of the song are also

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Note left on YT. I was joking about the "invisible cymbals, okay? I had seen someone else mention it and what you answered, so I was just having a little fun.

no problem BIll I enjoy a little ribbing now and then smile