Topic: funny stories

My band, Kickin, is in the studio.  The click track at the studio is a tone, like hitting a key on a keyboard, instead of a "real" click.  So our drummer was laying a hi hat track to use as a click.  About 4 minutes into this, the enigineer and I was betting on how long he would continue if we didnt stop him.  lol  He was at 10 minutes and going strong when we had to stop him as we were rolling in the floor with laughter. Music should be fun.  I have more funny stories, but am interested in hearing others.  ( Im looking for ideas for more jokes to play )   lol

Bobby
kickin.ws

Re: funny stories

I think we all love funny stories and facts. It all started after watching SPINAL TAP, where all the drummers had accidents.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

ok, guess Ill have to post another one.  mmmmm   which one?  Ive been playing for about 30 years, and have many great tales.  Even thought about writing a book.  But I cant tell some of the best stories without getting arrested or divorced.   lol  Anyway, how about the time we were playing in a small, and I do mean small, country honky tonk called Goobs.  lol  Thats funny enough without more, but of course, there is more.  About halfway through the night, an old guy comes in with a MULE following him. Thats right, a mule.  Or a donkey, or something.  Im not a farmer.  lol  Anyway, he goes right up to the bar and orders a drink, mule right beside him.  We was laughing so hard we almost had to stop playing.  You know, drugs and alcohol can make you see some strange stuff,  but nothing beats real life.  So the next song we played was "My heads in Mississippi", by ZZ Top.  It seemed to fit the ocassion.

Bobby
kickin.ws

Well, not too funny but an odd circumstance.  My brother-in-law occaissionally sings bass in a bluegrass band.  Well, one time the band was invited to a private club up in the hills.  They took the job and went to the club.  It was a pretty high security place - double pass doors, bouncers inside the second set, one-way glass so that the folks in the club could see who was coming in the doors but the folks coming in couldn't see who was in the club.  That sort of thing.

Well, once they got inside and set up and got the chance to look around the room, they started to notice some KKK paraphernalia.  Then when the members started coming and removing their robes and headpieces, they knew they were going to be getting out of that club just as soon as their contract was complete. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

HEY there Bobby, I am PRO, that you write a book on a rainy day. The lifes we live are already infected, more than enough, by stress, rush, competion. There is no more time to enjoy. I have time, because of being disabled after a car crash, which gives me a completely different view on our, and my former work.
50 years ago, before the "television boom" people here used to sit on a chair outside, in front of their door, discussing of course about everything.
I really felt in love with chordie, just because of the fact you can learn a lot, you can ask a lot, and you can tell everything, like spinal tap moments, hilarious or serious facts. There is so much more in music land. KEEP WRITING PLEASE.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

6 (edited by bobby6string 2007-09-11 02:09:56)

I know there has to be some more funny stories out there.  OK, I have a million, so Ill post another.  But yall are gonna have to pay me for entertaining you, or send me donuts or something.  lol  mmmm  How about the story of the midget stripper?  Or the full size stripper?  No,  lol  some younger members here.  Ill be good while Im here.  Or at least try.
  This is a great story.  It will have to be a two or three parter its so good.  About 20 years ago (yes, you read that right) we was practicing in a small building we rented in Bells, TN. A friend come over with his girlfriend of the week, and she told us about this club in Mississippi about 100 miles away.  Said we would love it.  Called Honkys.  Anyway, the wild guys we were, we hoped in the car and took off.  We stopped in Memphis and got a few bottles of liquor and other essentials.  By the time we got to Granada, MS, we was feeling pretty good.  Ok, more like wasted, but again, Ill try to keep my posts somewhat clean.  We got lost (I wonder why?) and ended up by this huge dam. We took a wrong turn and was like going straight down this little road on the side of the dam.  I mean really downhill.  Like I was in the back seat and about to fall in the front seat.  Oh yea, did I mention the sign that said One Way.  The other way, not the way we was going.  lol  But it was too late.  We couldnt back up.  The hill was too steap.  We was dying laughing cos we was, uh, feeling good.  Except for the driver. He was getting mad at us coz we was laughing so hard and he was tring to drive.  Down the huge dam.  The wrong way.  lol  ok,  the farther we went down, and we went down a long ways, it started smelling worse and worse.  I mean the worst smell ever.  And we was laughing so hard (still). I have never smelled anything so bad. (We found out later they had just opened the dam to release extra water, and it always smelled bad when they did this).  We got to the bottom of the dam...finally.  And I cant say this enough, IT STUNK worse than anything I have ever smelled.  We was laughing sooo much.  It was great. (we are strange).  And what do we see?  Campers.  Kids playing.  People fishing. Tents.  People just hanging out, looking at the water.  And remember, it stunk.  Bad.  Very bad.  lol I guess they got used to it after a while, but we didnt.  lol  We finally got turned around and got on the right road to Honkys. 8ball highway it was called.  Really. But that was one of the funniest things I have ever been through.  Ill add part two of this Honkys story soon.  Believe me, it was an adventure. lol   Now come on.  Yall tell some cool stories too........

Bobby
kickin.ws

7 (edited by Don Corleone 2007-08-16 01:56:32)

Hey Everyone,
Many years ago as Rhodesia was changing to Zimbabwe, I was part of the Commonwealth Security Force that was sent to monitor the changeover.  Our job, as soldiers, manily consisted of checking all the ZANU and ZAPU soldiers who came in to 'lay down' their arms after the cease fire.  Usually there was only a few of us at various checkpoints, all from different countries.  I was with a Brit, a Canadian and a Fijian soldier.  Anyway after getting to know each other we all discovered our love for music and while we were preparing our 'checkpoint' we would normally break into a song or two.  The Fijian guy was a master of the guitar and had smuggled one from Salisbury to our checkpoint in the bush.  Anyway after a few days of sparadoically greeting a few rebels, we had no 'visitors' for about a week.  So our day consisted brewing a cuppa, eating and singing the days/nights away.  We were supposed to have a sentry on a few yards up the track but we figured there was a ceasefire on so what the hell.
One beautiful morning about 0700hrs, we were enjoying a cigarette after our morning breaky when the Fijian guys says have we ever heard this song and starts to play "Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones.  Well, we all loved that song so off we go on our rendition of Mick and the boys.  It sounded so sweet echoing around the place and our harmonies were spot on.  So we took it from the top and sang it again.  On about our 3rd rendition I look up the track and there before all of us is over 100 ZANU rebel soldiers.  The closest is about 10 feet from us. All packed to the hilt - AK's loaded, camo on, bandanas oily with sweat.  A very surreal moment then occured, when the lead soldier, who looked like he had just come out of hell,  says in the most beautiful english, "Are you guys a band?  I like that song."  Then breaks out into the widest grin you have ever saw.
I tell you that event will always stay with me.  Brilliant.  Now each and every day I play "Wild Horses" and think of my friends that were with me on that track in the middle of no where.  And more especially about the ZANU soldier and how his life is going.

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

very cool don.   Great story.

Bobby
kickin.ws

Bobby, do you really have also hundreds of funny facts? We are definitely going to work this out.
I don't know for sure, but I gave a number, like funny facts 9 or 10. It's just a question, but do you agree if we write FUNNY FACTS + number.
I am really glad and happy that you have a lot of funny facts to, it takes tile BRO, reading, hearing it, put it all together, trying to verify if it is 100% correct, and if it isn't, others will notice it.
__________________________________________________________________________________

HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN

I played a nasty trick on our singer when we were recording. He did his first take and his seemed so proud of it (it was pretty good) that I decided to burst his bubble by autotuning his performance to the wrong key. So I manually selected G#maj (think the song was in D) and shifted the fine tuning a few cents. He listened back to it and was really annoyed with himself for going out of tune so often. We did this for a few takes before he went home in the huff. I sent him the finished track a few days later with his performance sounding awesome again (un-autotuned) and he thought I was some sorta audio wizard until I told him the truth.

I thought it was funny, but i'm probably a bit nasty.

11 (edited by SouthPaw41L 2007-08-16 16:48:14)

Prior to an outdoor gig on the lawn of my college I was attending, I gave my bandmate a pre-gig hug. As we hugged I placed an 8"x10" sign on his back reading, "Clap, yell, and scream, if I'm a Dork". Everytime he turned his back to the audience, the first 5 or 6 rows went nuts.  It was virtually impossible to play. We had to remove the sign half-way through the first song because we simply could not play from laughing hysterically. I'll never forget my bandmate's progression of facial expressions consisting of awe, amazement, excitement,
anger, and then his internal visions of revenge.
    He got me back and got me back good!! After a hard night of playing music and post gig partying I somehow managed to fall asleep smack dab in the middle of a party. I awoke the next morning with one eyebrow, a  shirt pocket full of mustard (I think!!) duct tape covering my entire lower torso and a sign on my chest strategically place upside down reading "Clap, yell, and scream, if  I'm a Dork."

Give everything but up.

12 (edited by last_rebel 2007-08-16 22:48:13)

One time i was visitin' this church in beaumont and i was sitting up in the balcony. So the worship service started up with the mentally slow people from a local nursing home coming and singing a special (and there was this one guy that looked JUST LIKE Jim Carrey and even though i'd never laugh at somebody like that *cough eheh* there was something about that that got me tickled) So as if that wasn't enough the mushy gushy praise chorsu stuff started up next and everybody stood up and this old redneck lookin' guy in front of me starts diggin' at his britches.... don't know if it was the way he was doin' it or the circumastances leading up or what but i lost it right there in the middle of curch. So i try to cover it up by coughing into this hankee and i'll be danged if that old dude's wife didn't look over (and by now i knew i was caught0 but instead of getting mad she bursts into tears runs over all snottin' and everything and startshugging me and praying over me and crap (which only made it worse cuz i just couoldn;t control it with that big snotty fat woman hoverin' over me havin'a little spiritual fit and everything).... apparently she thought i was crying because i was so broken or something. Finally had to run out of the room and into the toilet and just laugh till i had it out of my system....

i probly have a million much more hilarious stories but most of them are even more unrelated to music than this one. but it was the music that brought everything on...

All You Need is Love smile

wow thats deep

So Red Delicious

lol yeah i have the worst luck with carismatic people....

All You Need is Love smile

great stories.   lol   I love it.  Ok Phil, its possible that when I said I have a million stories that thats not exactly the truth.  How about I have lots of them?  Thats better.  hehe
  Time for part two of my Honkys story.  I told you about the dam.  We left there and stopped at a little gas station/bar to ask for directions to Honkys.  Now I dont know who thought it would be a good idea to put a bar and gas station in the same building.  Kinda blows the whole dont drink and drive thing.  But we was drinking and driving too (as well as other stuff) so I guess I shouldnt judge. Well actually only one of us was driving, but all four was drinking.  lol  Anyway, two old geezers were sitting outside the bar/gas station so we pulled up and asked for directions to Honkys.  They looked at us and said, "You dont want to go there".  Hua?  Uh, we came 100 miles to find this place.  We DO want to go there.  We told them we was in a band.  They said "Oh, a band?  They will like yall then".  And they gave us directions.  lol  Ok, on the way we had to go through this wooded area that had a big fire the year before.  I dont know if any of yall have ever seen a forest that has been burned.  It lookd very creepy.  Scary even.  But we kept going.  So finally, we get through the burned area and get to the place.  Finally.  It was this old tin building.  Looked like it might fall down any time. It didnt look safe.  So a friend of ours that rode down with us said "Are yall going in?".   We drove 100 miles and almost fell over a dam, heck yea we are going in.  We walked through the door and it was packed with a young crowd.  Beautiful women.  A real party place.  We talked to the owner (and old lady with no teeth) and gave her a cassette of our band.  This was 20 years ago, no cds yet.  She put it in a tape player and liked it.  Hired us on the spot.  We played there probably a dozen times, had great crowds, great shows.  Party all night long.  It turned out to be a very cool place.  But the trip down there was maybe the funniest day of my life.   We still talk about that.  We have two songs about the expierence.  I could tell the story about our bass player and this girl he met there, but you have to ask him about that.  lol   I dont know if the club is still there, but Ill never forget Honkys.

Bobby
kickin.ws

Here is an absolutely true story to amuse you. This happened to me, so I was there, and I couldn't make this up anyway.  Besides, random strangers on the internet would never lie to you.

So, this happened in the early 90s when I was in the Army, just after the 1st Gulf War.  The hostilities had ended and we were taking a little R&R (we being me and my friend Theibedoux) by going on a tour of the desert sands around Riyadh.  Theib was a big dumb Cajun from Louisiana.  I'm from Enumclaw, so we shared the "redneck" gene somewhere, which is why we got along so well.  So anyway, we're with this tour group, and we are way way out in the middle of the sand looking at some Bedouin artifact or another.   Theib and I wander off a bit, and before you know it, we're lost as lost can be.  And in the Saudi desert, that's seriously lost.

So we do what solders do. We started walking.  And I think we may have marched half way around the damn subcontinent, because it was getting late, and we were about out of water.   So off in the distance, we see a bunch of palm trees and what appears to be a group of Bedouins making themselves comfortable underneath it.  The closer we get, the bigger the camp site looks like, and when we finally get there, there had to be 300 people setting up for some kind of party.  We couldn't believe our luck!   So we walk in, and because we've just personally saved Saudi from the menace of Saddam Hussien,  we're welcomed in as guests, and got the meet-and-greet from all the head honcho Bedouins. They had everything there.  It was like a circus!   Piles of grub, lions on chains,  silk and wool blankets hanging everywhere, there were a pair of elephants, and a gorilla, too.   You've never partied until you've partied with the Bedouins.

So what was happening is one of the wealthier Bedouins had something like 9 daughters and it was finally time for the youngest to get married.  This dude was loaded, so she had lots of suitors.    The idea was that he would have all the young men compete for her hand, and the guy that could handle his business the best basically got to take her home, and became the son-in-law of the head honcho.    I thought that was kind of weird, but Thieb decides he's gonna marry her, and wants to enter the contest.  I guess he figured being a Bedouin-in-law was better than being a hog farmer back in Bunky, LA. At first they laughed at him but once he convinced them he was serious, and due to his status as a Genuine War Hero, they all kind of shrugged, and the honcho signed off on it.  I don't think any of them thought he had a shot, but at least it would be good for a laugh.

So anyway, the setup.  There were three tents.  The first tent was open to view.  It had nothing other than a table, a chair, and a big assed jug of this liquor that the Saudi's make themselves, because liquor is otherwise banned in the country.  I don't remember what it was called, so I'm just going to call it grog.  This stuff would take paint off walls and I think it substituted for jet fuel in a pinch.  The object of the contest:  Drink as much as you can as fast as you can.

The second tent held that gorilla I mentioned earlier.   This gorilla hadn't eaten for three days.  And it had a mouth full of bad teeth.  The object of the contest:  Pull a tooth.

In the third tent was the honcho Bedouin's most experienced, ahhh, concubine?  According to what I was told, she ate men, and spit them out in little pieces, preserving their spines for trophies.  Evidently, Honcho wanted to make sure daddies little girl was well provided for.  Ms. Concubine would prove to be the final judge of winners and losers, and ultimately select the champions for the Honcho Bedouin.   The object:  Satisfy her every need.

So the first three entrants never got passed the grog.  Theib, being a big dumb Cajun from Louisiana, had a distinct advantage over all those Arab boys who might see alcohol once or twice in their lives.   They would down a good sized tumbler full, and promptly puke it back up. Thieb had the servants running for more, as he drained the remainder of the bottle in about three gulps.  So anyway, he drinks until he's not thirsty any more, wipes off his chin, and releases the most awe inspiring belch you've ever heard, which duly impressed the shit out of everyone,  including me.

So he barrels into the second tent, and ties closed the door flap behind him.  Then it gets really quiet.  We're all wondering what is going on in there it's so quiet.  Then all of a sudden all you hear is this huge ROAAAAAAWWWWR!!!!    The earth starts to thump and dust is coming up from under the tent eaves and you'd swear to God the Devil himself is getting ready to come pouring out of that tent good an pissed off.   Then it all gets quiet again.

Out comes Thieb, and he's not looking so well.  He's bleedin' out his ears and his face is scratched and dirty, and I think he may have lost a tooth or three in the bargain.   But he's got his big dumb Cajun grin on, he hitches up his pants and says ..."OK!  So where's that gorilla?"

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Hi Jerome. Did Thieb win the prize bride? You must have split a gut laughing.

Badeye..

one caper after another

I once met a gorilla who said that if she ever caught up with the animal that left her with 2 of the ugliest twin gorillas she had ever seen, she would snap him like a twig!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

A colleague of my wife driving to work one morning down a very busy street.  At a stoplight she noticed a little fluffy dog wandering close to the road.  A good friend was right behind her so she called her cell phone and asked, "Do you know who's little dog that is?"  The friend said, "Oh that belongs to the people in that big house on the corner."

My wife's colleague wanted to pull over and help the dog get away from the road, but the traffic was too intense.  So, she went on her way to work hoping the little fluffy pup would be OK.

A few days later she is doing chores around her house.  She looks out the window and sees the little fluffy dog out in her yard.  She thinks, "Oh no - the poor little thing is still lost and has wandered a couple of miles from home."  She runs outside in her bathrobe and calls the little dog.  The little dog runs right up to her all happy and wagging.  She opens the door to her car and dog jumps right in.

She drives down the road to the big house on the corner.  The dog hops right out and follows her to the front door all happy as can be.  After ringing the doorbell several times, she figures nobody is home so she goes around to the carport door.  There is a car there.  The fluffy dog follows her around and is very happy.

She again rings and knocks but gets no response.  On a whim she tries the door knob.  The door is unlocked, so she opens the door and the dog runs right in and jumps up on the couch as happy as can be.  She looks up the residents in the phone book and leaves a message on the answering machine saying she found their dog and brought it home.

The next day, she had not heard back from the residents so she gets worried about the dog and goes by the house.  Everything is still the same - a car in the carport and the side door unlocked.  She lets herself in once again and the little dog comes running to greet her.  She lets the dog out into the back yard for a few minutes and then back inside.  She puts out a bowl of water.  The dog is very happy and friendly.  She leaves a note on the kitchen counter.

Next day, she still hasn't heard from the residents.  She brings some dog food from home (becasue she didn't want to rummage through the stranger's cabinets) and feeds the dog, lets it out, etc.  This goes on for a week - daily visits to the stranger's house to tend the little fluffy dog and repeated messages on their phone.  The little fluffy dog was happy as could be.

Finally, one evening she gets a call from the residents.  They say, "Thank you for taking such good care of this little dog, but we don't have a dog.  We have been on a cruise.  The door should have been locked, but we are glad you found this cute little dog and took care of it.  We do not want a dog, would like to keep it?  If not, we know someone who's beloved pet died and they would probably like to give this dog a home."

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

I was talking to this guitarist at Guitar Center. He was a Jazz guitarist who had recently joined a country/western band (??!?!?!)
He told me: "Man, when I made a mistake in the Jazz band, they thought I was a GENIUS! When I make a mistake in the country band, they stop the song, get angry and yell "That's NOT the way Hank played it!"

My other friend grew up with country, and he does the same thing to me. I call him a music Nazi.

Hey Bobbystring, the string is that about your underwear? I am just telling this, because on a hot day some weeks ago, we died almost all laughing with a big fat "German" (no offence for fellow German chordians), who walked on the beach, just wearing a string. It's a shame that I was too late to grab my camera, this is an image I will never forget.
But to come back about the funny subject STORIES, the word tells us enough. I amuse myself more looking up funny and strange facts.
THIS IS ALSO AN ITEM MAKING CHORDIE SO NICE: THERE ARE ALREADY ENOUGH SERIOUS SUBJECTS? SO THE VARIETY IS GREAT, and we start more and more to know each other THANKS TO CHORDIE. I am surfing on the net, especially since the day I had to stop working, but I never found 1 (ONE) site like this. Sometimes you will see a "chat"site, but if you see the number of members, and the delay between 2 subjects, I say thanks and goodbye.

While painting a basement for an older couple a few years back I knew as soon as I walked in the basement that this older gentleman was a pack rat. I had to move a lot of junk just to get at the walls to prepare for paint. When all the crackfilling and sanding was done I asked the home owner if he had the paint for the walls. He told me that there was two cans of paint in the fufnace room which I got. When I opened them they were as hard as cement as they were 20 years or older. I convinced him he needed to buy new paint.
So I go to the hardware store and get paint and get back and start painting. After 45 minutes the basement door opens and the man calls my name. He say's "Brad are you there" I came to the bottom of the stairs and he say's
"The wife just burnt some toast do you want it" well I asked for a cup of tea with this burnt toast and it was the best toast I ever had.The burnt toast convinced me that this guy was truly a pack rat. I always get a laugh when I think of this story.

Have a good day....Badeye.

one caper after another

I don't know if you could call this funny or mean on my part but I was a teenager and a little drunk at the time. Some friends and I went to a local club to watch a band play. We slowly worked our way to the side of the very little stage and I found myself standing next to the drummer. The drummer always put foot powder on his hands to help stop the sweating. after the first set we noticed that one of the local guys who always managed to party on everyone elses dime came in. This guy was a pain in the a$$ as he never had money and would mooch cigarettes, drinks and stuff from anyone. So I get the bright idea to take the footpowder put a little on my pack of cigarettes and shape a few lines with it. Sure enough here comes our begger looking at the lines with envy. I asked him if he wanted to party with us and offered him the pack........... lets just say I've never seen someones eyes water and nose bleed so much. He never asked me for a single thing again.

As and adult now I see the danger in what I did yet it was a story that circulated in our circle of friends for quite a while. At the time we really got a good laugh over it!

Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Thats funny Mike, Like a scene out of "Cheech and Chong".
Thats one way to get a moocher. lol

,.....Badeye.

one caper after another

Heres another kinda funny story thats gonna be in my book.   lol   This was about 20 or so years ago.  Dang, Im old.  lol  Anyway, it was the middle of winter.  I used to have this old truck and the breaks would freeze up on it when it was very cold.  I would have to let the truck run for a while to thaw it out, then I could drive it.  OK, its after the show, I go out to my truck and start it up.  Windows all frosted over and such.  Im like brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!  lol   But it was a good show.  Lots of people, and I may or may not have had a buzz, so I didnt mind the cold. hehe  Anyway, our drummer jumps in very fast and says," GO!  NOW!"   I said, "I cant, trucks gotta warm up first".  He said, "I was hitting on some girl and her boyfriend is after me! GO NOW!".  I said "I cant!".  I was laughing, he was not.   lol  But luckly, the windows were so frosted over, the boyfriend couldnt find our drummer, so he was ok, but I will never forget the look on his face!

Bobby
kickin.ws