1 (edited by mekidsmom 2017-01-16 11:53:49)

Topic: Cast your vote for February's FSOTM!

Here's a compilation of suggestions made in 2016 for the FSOTM!

If I've missed any songs that were suggested, plop them in below (I didn't look through the "put your name in the hat" threads, but I do remember there were possibly some suggested songs in those threads too).  If you don't like any of these and want to suggest a different song, go for it!  Otherwise, what song would YOU like to hear covered that's been suggested in the past, but not yet chosen?  MEMBERS CHOICE! Go on, pick a song you'd like to hear everyone cover for February 2017! 

Vote on a previously suggested song below, or toss another into the list!  Let's choose a song or two collectively that everyone would like to hear covered!

TF poem  `Be it resolved`
Sister Goldenhair
Rip it out by Ace Frehley X2
Midnight Special
Puff the Magic Dragon
"Blowing in the Wind"
Country Roads
Cherry Bomb by John Cougar Mellancamp
I shall be released
Forever Young  by Dylan
Born on a Bayou by Credence Clearwater
I Shot the Sheriff
Piano Man
The Beatles "Yesterday"
The Cup song
Teach your children
Don McLean - Vincent (Starry Starry Night)   
Classical Gas
Moonlight Sonata
Malaguena
Money For Nothing . (Dire Straits MTV) X2
poncho and lefty
Small Town/John Mellancamp X2
"The Times They Are A-Changin'"
Ticket To Ride
Things We Said Today
You Aint Going Nowhere
ed sheeran - Thinking out loud
Joni Mitchell & CSNY - Wooodstock
George Straight - Amarillo by Morning
Dylan - I shall be released
Van Morrison - Brown eyed girl X2
The band  - the weight  X2
Marshall Tucker Band - Heard it in a love song
"Moments In The Sun" by TIGLJK
"Christmas for Cowboys" by John Denver
Tom T Hall - I LOVE
My Girl by The Temptations

additions from this thread updated here (and X# above for votes on those already suggested):
Cherry bomb JC
The Man in Me
Amie X2
Marty Stuart - Tempted

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: Cast your vote for February's FSOTM!

Cherry bomb JC ( but how I might cut into the runaways version and back again!)

And I gotta toss in my old suggestion of   Rip It out.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Money for Nothing.  The Weight.  My choices.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

How about Dylan's The Man in Me, or Amie? Links below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10ldVRHRSw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h17TluYIKiU

Nice easy one - Marty Stuart - Tempted ?

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

AMIE!  Despite spelling my name incorrectly, this is still "my song".  LOL!  With everything that they do, I never would have guessed the chords would be so simple for just one person to play.  wink

mekidsmom wrote:

AMIE!  Despite spelling my name incorrectly, this is still "my song".  LOL!  With everything that they do, I never would have guessed the chords would be so simple for just one person to play.  wink

I was shocked too. I'm just starting to learn it for a new project and it is really straightforward. Lots of flourishes but super simple chords.

8 (edited by Zurf 2017-01-12 16:07:44)

Well I already do a version of James Taylor's "Country Roads", so if anyone wants to hear it, I'll gin up a recording.  I've been working on the intro to Amie forever, and just not getting it.  So, I'll keep working.  Topdawgz will have to get the in-song solo.  The intro is as much as I'm taking on.  :-)

I've been wanting to learn "Pink Houses" or "Small Town" by John Cougar Mellencamp forever.  So, since Small Town is on the list, that's my vote.  My neighbor has started to learn Brown Eyed Girl, and I have the bass tabs around here somewhere.  We may be able to work out a duo, though I'd have to figure out how to use my mixer (which could be a problem).  It'd be fun to have an excuse to try and get that together in a real honest-to-goodness(y) band-like fashion, so that's my second vote.

Vote 1: Small Town
Vote 2: Brown Eyed Girl

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Awesomesauce!  I've updated the original post to include the new suggestions thus far, along with the songs that have gotten some votes on top of their suggestions.  If you want to vote on a song above, DO IT!  If you want to "write in a vote" for a new song not on the list, DO IT!  With Jan away, that means I'm in charge and you all know I can be swayed (just ask Roger - remember Knockin' on Heaven's Door?).  So, get your votes in!  I don't want to have to pick out of a hat.  We need two clear winners, or some serious bribery this month!  LOL!  Ok, ok, ok... if I HAVE to, I'll pick out of a stinkin' hat.  But I don't WANNA!  I want YOU GUYS TO PICK!  big_smile

I haven't received very many bribes... and I don't see too many more votes... come on guys, last chance... you could be the winning bidder!  It IS February already, and I've got to pick... we're already down to having only 26 days now!  Ahhhhh!!!!! 

I've been at the computer too long today already.  I'll get the new thread up - hopefully - tomorrow... until I close this one, you can still sway me!  wink wink

11 (edited by dino48 2017-02-03 01:33:48)

Cowgirlin the sand  by Neil Young

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

IN CASE YOU MISSED MY EARLIER VOTE, CHERRY BOMB, AND RIP IT OUT.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

AMY.... well AMIE really smile

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

lol - Amy    I don't remember if I voted or not  smile

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

15 (edited by beamer 2017-02-04 00:21:58)

oh wait I have a song no one has thought of! So in front of  our faces....    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4xp2lgiAjY

from our own library http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.l … e/amie.crd

and from UG  (has it laid out better) https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/p/pure … r2_crd.htm

I will withdraw my vote for Rip it out and throw this one in with Cherry Bomb.

Well it's the fifth.  I'm going with Amie and Country Road (not sure if this is meant to be John Denver's Take Me Home Country Roads or James Taylor's Country Road - so I'll try both) until told otherwise. 

Amie because it got the most votes, and the Country Roads songs because I already know the James Taylor version pretty well and worked on the John Denver a while back and have half a chance at it. 

If "the hat" disagrees with me, I will abide by decisions of "the hat."

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Well it's the fifth.  I'm going with Amie and Country Road (not sure if this is meant to be John Denver's Take Me Home Country Roads or James Taylor's Country Road - so I'll try both) until told otherwise. 

Amie because it got the most votes, and the Country Roads songs because I already know the James Taylor version pretty well and worked on the John Denver a while back and have half a chance at it. 

If "the hat" disagrees with me, I will abide by decisions of "the hat."

In before the BELL!  And with that - I'll say Zurf has given a final vote bringing Amie up to 3 votes as a clear winner!
Since I don't know for sure either on the Country Roads... I'm going with John Denver.  big_smile 

And now to make the new thread...