Topic: Shooting Star

This is a band favorite from Bad Company we added a little Halloween flavor to the mix hope you enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKl_Mj7 … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Shooting Star

I enjoyed that Russell. You dudes are sounding good.  As usual one recording leads to another and another while the time slips away, thats good stuff guys.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

very cool!

its awesome that you guys can do that

keep em coming

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

bluejeep wrote:

I enjoyed that Russell. You dudes are sounding good.  As usual one recording leads to another and another while the time slips away, thats good stuff guys.

Thank you! we have a lot of fun when we get together and have more ambitious projects working but for now we will stick with our favorites and tighten up the sound before attempting other songs more to come. smile

TIGLJK wrote:

very cool!

its awesome that you guys can do that

keep em coming

Jim

Thanks Jim and more will be coming including a Facebook and You Tube page as soon as we settle on a name for the band that's the hard part lol

6 (edited by dino48 2016-10-26 20:52:25)

Russell_Harding wrote:

This is a band favorite from Bad Company we added a little Halloween flavor to the mix hope you enjoy

Great tune Russell,sounds like you added some wherwolves of London beat too it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

Great tune Russell,sounds like you added some wherwolves of London beat too it.

howdy dino  I watched Bad Company in concert and noticed the beat was a little more up tempo then traditional slow dance do wop so I told the drummer to kick it up a bit you can stlll dance to it slow only it is a bit more peppy this way. thanks for giving a look and commenting. smile

Probably  the   best  one  youve  done   with  the  band  so  far ,really enjoyed  it .

Grah1 wrote:

Probably  the   best  one  youve  done   with  the  band  so  far ,really enjoyed  it .

Thank you Graham smile the band is coming along nicely we are in the process of getting a band You Tube and Facebook page and are narrowing down a name for the band.

Just brilliant.  I never took much notice of Bad Company, but if they sound anything like you guys maybe I should pay more attention.

Thick as two short planks

11 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-10-28 04:07:23)

Comments left, but so much sound coming out of THREE of you makes me long for the old days!!!

Nobody knows this, but for about a month I fronted a band called "B.C. And The Cavemen" and there were THREE of us - not as good as the Harding Trio of course, but with the sackcloth we had draped over us, and a little bit of black shoe polish we looked a little like B.C., the guys from the comic strip of the same name. Me on drums and vocals.

Of course our signature song was this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz6IpmmYSXA

Sorry, but I couldn't resist: Three guys with such a full sound, as you guys! I wish we'd had a lead guitarist such as you, my friend Russell!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Russell_Harding wrote:
Grah1 wrote:

Thank you Graham smile the band is coming along nicely we are in the process of getting a band You Tube and Facebook page and are narrowing down a name for the band.

Nice work again, Russell.

This song by Bad Company, Bill's comment about his old band's name, and referring to you guys as the "Harding Trio" got me thinking. How about "Hard Company"? Or are y'all too old for that to be relevant? lol lol lol (sorry ... couldn't resist)

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Comments left, but so much sound coming out of THREE of you makes me long for the old days!!!

Nobody knows this, but for about a month I fronted a band called "B.C. And The Cavemen" and there were THREE of us - not as good as the Harding Trio of course, but with the sackcloth we had draped over us, and a little bit of black shoe polish we looked a little like B.C., the guys from the comic strip of the same name. Me on drums and vocals.

Of course our signature song was this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz6IpmmYSXA

Sorry, but I couldn't resist: Three guys with such a full sound, as you guys! I wish we'd had a lead guitarist such as you, my friend Russell!

Bill

Bill I think equipment has improved over the years letting us get a fuller sound not to mention I have had years of learning in mixing with gear that was not available back in the 50's 60.or 70.s I video tape all songs with a state of the art Sony MVI  HD movie camera (Huge mic's for a small cam) and it produces a very rich full sound when processed but it still comes down to how well interact with your bandmates and the arrangements of songs. Thank you again for posting your comments we do read them and appreciate it smile

Tenement Funster wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:
Grah1 wrote:

Nice work again, Russell.

This song by Bad Company, Bill's comment about his old band's name, and referring to you guys as the "Harding Trio" got me thinking. How about "Hard Company"? Or are y'all too old for that to be relevant? lol lol lol (sorry ... couldn't resist)

Thanks TF I like the name "Fluffer" (there are some urban legends about the origin ) it seems all the good names have been taken but fear not we will come up with something.

cool

Our official Website was erased by a moderator because I am a spammer. I also smell really bad and will never receive b chord amnesty.

16 (edited by sisyphus 2017-01-12 12:02:44)

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Bill

2nd that, i've been in a 3 piece , y'all work a LOT harder, ain't no place to hide....

vs. having done SS in a 6 piece ,which is a cakewalk

Go Retro!!!

~S~

Glad this was bumped as I missed it the first time around. Sounded great! This is also one of my favorites but a song I've never attempted to cover. You've inspired me to give it a shot!

Thank you!! smile

keepitreal wrote:

Just brilliant.  I never took much notice of Bad Company, but if they sound anything like you guys maybe I should pay more attention.

sisyphus wrote:
Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Bill

2nd that, i've been in a 3 piece , y'all work a LOT harder, ain't no place to hide....

Go Retro!!!

~S~

True, no place to hide we try to keep the arrangements simple I am limited on solo work BUT I have been working with a looper and getting the timing right is critical I found using zero effects is best more to come thanks for watching smile

Baldguitardude wrote:

Glad this was bumped as I missed it the first time around. Sounded great! This is also one of my favorites but a song I've never attempted to cover. You've inspired me to give it a shot!

Glad ya got to see it BGD , yes it is a fun song to sing and play I dont play the intro on the record (I know it) just wanted to do something different thank you for taking a look and your comments smile

Russell_Harding wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Bill

Go Retro!!!

~S~

True, no place to hide we try to keep the arrangements simple I am limited on solo work BUT I have been working with a looper and getting the timing right is critical I found using zero effects is best more to come thanks for watching smile

You're some technically adept for an old guy Russ , i usually gotta find someone under 30 to show me stuff like that....and then find where i hid my glasses....~S~

sisyphus wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:
sisyphus wrote:

Go Retro!!!

~S~

You're some technically adept for an old guy Russ , i usually gotta find someone under 30 to show me stuff like that....and then find where i hid my glasses....~S~

I cannot deny my age (75) but age is irrelevant what's in you heart and one's desire to perfect there ability is all that matters my brother has a big band in Las Vegas he gleaned all the best talented musicians available to play with him he is 86 and still a fantastic trumpet player I don't have a secret I just practice every day that's it. smile

Well i'm not trying to pick on ya Russ, fact is i'm twice the age of a few band members .

Those gigs that end @ 2-3a.m. humping gear around wear me out ....:(

But by gawd, it sure is fun while we're all up there!....:)

~S~

Cool beans!  Do you introduce yourself as King of the Mutants, and then show them how you can make that guitar submit to your own will in defiance of the laws of physics and anatomy?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

sisyphus wrote:

Well i'm not trying to pick on ya Russ, fact is i'm twice the age of a few band members .

Those gigs that end @ 2-3a.m. humping gear around wear me out ....:(

But by gawd, it sure is fun while we're all up there!....:)

~S~

I have to agree with you on hauling gear, I pay my neighbor to do it he is a semi pro football player and can use the extra cash. We limit our gigs to 3 hrs.or less and I must agree it is fun to show off your stuff, I didn't feel you were picking on me my hide is a little thicker then that i was just making a point for what reason I seem to forget at the moment lol