Topic: People Get Ready

I was hanging out at home and due to the weather (ice) and other distractions we have not rehearsed in two weeks this song came to mind and I used my new Ditto looper to lay a chord progession and went from there and any time practicing is good.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwo_P55 … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

2 (edited by TIGLJK 2017-01-22 10:50:38)

Re: People Get Ready

RUSSELL
BEAUTIFUL PLAYING - AND THAT WAS A HEARTMOVING RENDITION AS THE NOSTALGIC STILL PHOTOS APPEARED THROUGHOUT THE VIDEO.  I IMMENSELY ENJOYED THIS !  STIRRING EMOTIONS WITHOUT WORDS, WHEN YOU HAVE DONE THAT, YOU'VE DONE SOMETHING SPECIAL !

I was just having a conversation with my psychology class the other day about how when they walk down the street and see older people, they should remember  that we were all young once. ( i.e. Graham's Cloak of Invisibility song)

I also loved seeing all your guitars - sweet collection.   Do you still have your very first guitar ?

Anyway - this was a great way for me to begin Sunday morning at 5:30 am

NFL today - Go Steelers and Packers, although the left side of my brain is telling me the opposite is reality! smile

Thanks again so much for your musical reflection, it was awesome!

Jim

p.s.  I have no clue what a ditto loop is ! smile

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Nice . Always enjoy your music.

Joe

4 (edited by Russell_Harding 2017-01-22 14:12:27)

TIGLJK wrote:

RUSSELL
BEAUTIFUL PLAYING - AND THAT WAS A HEARTMOVING RENDITION AS THE NOSTALGIC STILL PHOTOS APPEARED THROUGHOUT THE VIDEO.  I IMMENSELY ENJOYED THIS !  STIRRING EMOTIONS WITHOUT WORDS, WHEN YOU HAVE DONE THAT, YOU'VE DONE SOMETHING SPECIAL !

I was just having a conversation with my psychology class the other day about how when they walk down the street and see older people, they should remember  that we were all young once. ( i.e. Graham's Cloak of Invisibility song)

I also loved seeing all your guitars - sweet collection.   Do you still have your very first guitar ?

Anyway - this was a great way for me to begin Sunday morning at 5:30 am

NFL today - Go Steelers and Packers, although the left side of my brain is telling me the opposite is reality! smile

Thanks again so much for your musical reflection, it was awesome!

Jim

p.s.  I have no clue what a ditto loop is ! smile

Jim I am really at a loss for words and honestly surprised by your post I had no idea that what I was feeling at the moment translated emotions in others thank you! Interesting enough is the guitar I played is home made with the exception of the neck which was from my first guitar a SO1 strat made in China it is a beautiful rosewood neck with excellent tuners the pickups are hot Texas coils from Guitarfettish and even the wiring is special Emerson vintage pre wired strat setup with paper and oil capacitors. to answer your question yes I still play all my guitars only because I selected them for there unique sounds and each has something special to offer GO PACK! and thanks you made my morning a little brighter smile This is a Ditto very easy to use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZCok4OYVOk

Tyson7 wrote:

Nice . Always enjoy your music.

Joe

Joel thank you for giving a look see your comments are very much appreciated smile

I knew it- packers and Steelers outclassed, outplayed

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

The Packers defense is really hurting with all the injury's as is the offense the outcome was never a question, they need some taller faster cornerbacks for starters and a bigger defensive line they looked out of kilt and against Atlanta they got punished for it bad.

TIGLJK wrote:

I knew it- packers and Steelers outclassed, outplayed

I enjoyed very much your interpretation of this old classic. Also great video, and I also learned what a ditto looper is. I always enjoy your posts Russ, keep em coming.

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

I enjoyed very much your interpretation of this old classic. Also great video, and I also learned what a ditto looper is. I always enjoy your posts Russ, keep em coming.

Thanks for taking a look smile This song brings back memories of my days in Los Angeles I was hanging out in coffee houses and playing a lot of chess and on one of the nights the Chambers Brothers came in a sat down I played some guitar and we sang together they asked me to join them at the Troubadour Night club on Hootinanny night and we performed the song to a nice reception I did get to know them quite well and we stayed in touch shortly after they released the hit single "Time" and they were on there way to the big time after that we fell out of touch. but it was a magic time  in LA smile