Topic: SHORTNIN BREAD

It has been a few weeks since we got together to jam due to weather and other appointments but today we settled in and ran through at least 10 songs half were new to us and this was a spur of the moment kind of thing. The song has been used for Kit Kat commercials but not the way we do it and at the end my mind drifted into a nice groove and we put the pedal to the metal and kick it up hope ya give a listen and the band always welcomes comments  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMcG7s- … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: SHORTNIN BREAD

Sounding good Russell! Ilike your bands name!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

As I sat listening i thought, a pleasant light hearted little tune. I wasn't ready for the second half, took me completely by surprise. Nice work.

Thick as two short planks

I remember my grade school music teacher having us sing that song, but I don't recall her grabbing her guitar and slamming like those last two minutes! :

Nice job again fellas

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks dino it seems tough to come up with a name all the good ones have be taken you could spend hours throwing out suggestions smile

dino48 wrote:

Sounding good Russell! Ilike your bands name!

Me too lol I just felt the need to cut loose so I gave my new strat build a workout thanks for giving a look and commenting smile

keepitreal wrote:

As I sat listening i thought, a pleasant light hearted little tune. I wasn't ready for the second half, took me completely by surprise. Nice work.

thanks this guitar only weighs a little over 4 pounds very fast neck I have hot coils and a Emerson wiring setup with paper and oil capacitors,very low action and the trem is solid and last the tuners are Fender locking quite a change from my Les Paul smile

TIGLJK wrote:

I remember my grade school music teacher having us sing that song, but I don't recall her grabbing her guitar and slamming like those last two minutes! :

Nice job again fellas

Ha ha ha.  That was great!  A straight up version, then rocking it out.  Cool beans.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf Thank you!! we do have fun that is the 1st rule of our song selections smile

Zurf wrote:

Ha ha ha.  That was great!  A straight up version, then rocking it out.  Cool beans.