Re: February 2017 FSOTM - Amie - Take me Home, Country Roads

Comments left on both songs on SC.  BGD would love to hear your take on Mother.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

https://soundcloud.com/mojo01/amie
been away for awhile thought I have a quick go at this one

out of tune out of key and out of touch

https://soundcloud.com/mojo01/country-road
oh well may as well do them both here's a quick run at  country roads

Sounding good Mojo !   
Glad you are back.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

beamer wrote:

I noodled with it some but failed to get it to a place I was happy with.   Hopefully once work settles down in mid march I'll be able to take another crack.

AWESOME everyone!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I enjoyed both versions Mojo. Comments left on Soundcloud.  Thanks for sharing them.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Baldguitardude wrote:
beamer wrote:

I noodled with it some but failed to get it to a place I was happy with.   Hopefully once work settles down in mid march I'll be able to take another crack.

Sweet thanks

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

34 (edited by beamer 2017-02-21 03:56:16)

MOJO!
Hey I have told my daughter to look for you, so next time your feeling like oriental food, hit ASIAN CITY (usually dinner shifts but some lunches and dinners on the weekend) and ask for Bethany Sailer (hopefully she wont be hosting that night LOL

left comments on SC. Nice work!

beamer wrote:

MOJO!
Hey I have told my daughter to look for you, so next time your feeling like oriental food, hit ASIAN CITY (usually dinner shifts but some lunches and dinners on the weekend) and ask for Bethany Sailer (hopefully she wont be hosting that night LOL

hibachi grill here I come ,  I will try to make it there this week

beamer wrote:

MOJO!

beamer, just read your comments on sound cloud yes oil field trash is an original.  that first line had been sitting in my note book for awhile and then back in may the project I was on was cutting back and inspired me to finish it while I was waiting to find out if and where I would be working next

and thanks to everyone who left comment on cloud I really appreciate them

Hi everyone,  just letting you know I am back and so will get busy catching up on  all the FSOTM`s that have been performed over the last couple of months..........looks like some of you have been busy recording smile

A BIG THANK YOU to Amy for running this over the last couple of months by on her own smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

I am all behind this month but I have just managed to record Country Roads, sadly I will not get Amie done. Finger picked Nashville guitar and strummed baritone ukulele played by me, bass and drums courtesy of Band-in-a-Box. After 3 hours of unsuccessful attempts to upload to Soundcloud I have had to use Youtube:

https://youtu.be/GolKYlrS5bg

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Excellent work Roger. You continue to amaze me by getting the most out of biab.  I am terrible with it!

I liked the arrangement Roger, but could barely hear your wonderful vocals in the mix.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Finally caught up with everyone's effort for February`s FSOTM and wow awesome efforts by everyone.  I have left comments on soundcloud for you.

Rickyjack ......... so great to see you back performing.   Your cover of `Amie` was so good, the harmonicia once again just adds to it, great guitar, vocals, the whole package, awesome!

BGD and Zurf .......` Country Road`..... great you two got together and sounds like your having a blast, just how music should be, fun and enjoyable.  I found myself smiling all the way through listening to you both.  Loved the fancy guitar bit at the end too.

BGD and Zurf .....`Amie` .... I sure wish i could play guitar like that!  Great vocals there, i really enjoyed listening to this and was busily playing the drums on my desk along with you both.

Mojo01 ........`Amie` ...... Ditto to what the others said, great vocals and guitar, i really enjoyed listening to you.
Mojo01 .........`Country Road` ....... You sang this really well, played it well on guitar, great listening.

Roger ........... `Country Road` ...... this song really suited you and I liked how you put it all together musically as well as the video to go with it .... worked the whole package (even if the car is driving on the wrong side of the road lol)

Ok I think that is everyone, hope i haven`t missed anyone out.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan