Topic: Holy Blizzard, Batman!

Whew!

Almost 90 cms of snow the last 36 hours (which is 3 feet) blown around by very high winds. Our whole Province has been virtually shut down yesterday and today, and I'm completely knackered from moving snow.

I know ... why the heck would anyone live in Nova Scotia with weather like that? Beginning to wonder myself! lol

Re: Holy Blizzard, Batman!

Yep. We had one of those in Jan of '16. Fortunately for us though, it only happens once every 4-5 years.

So far this winter we have had a grand total of about 3 inches.

same storm cost my basketball team a chance to enter regional tournament sad
I love the beach - so why do I live in NE US in the snow belt ?

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

The political cartoon in this morning's paper was pretty good:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sites/default/files/imagecache/ch_article_main_image/bm_cartoon/1702131rchr.jpg

That's a whole lot of snow.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

my wife says she loves to see snow and always hopes for it every winter, but we rarely get it. i love looking at snow too, on TV or on a post card. wrap up warm my friends.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-02-15 10:09:24)

Phill Williams wrote:

my wife says she loves to see snow and always hopes for it every winter, but we rarely get it. i love looking at snow too, on TV or on a post card. wrap up warm my friends.

Hi Phill ... here's a pic for you both, so you can enjoy looking at some snow. Me? Not enjoying it so much right now. lol

https://i.cbc.ca/1.3982005.1487089382!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/original_620/blowing-snow-buries-most-of-a-deck-and-half-a-house-as-the-storm-blew-through-nova-scotia.jpg

8 (edited by badeye 2017-02-16 16:03:14)

Yes,, the snow still falls,,   We've  been stranded on this mountain for a few days now,,,   lots of heat and supplies,,,   Still waiting for a snow plow to get to our unpaved road,,,   I think we are last on the list... 86 cm's down   30 more on the way,,  oh well, winter is still here,,,  coffee  anyone??,,,,

cool     badeye...

one caper after another

Thanks for the pic TF, the weather over here has got warmer. Ann says thanks for the show pic and she agrees with me that it's best looked at onTV

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

If we had three inches of snow this country would be in shutdown. Schools, factory's, shops, offices everything would close. The only places to thrive during bad weather are the pubs. Come to think of it, could you send us some of your snow please.

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

If we had three inches of snow this country would be in shutdown. Schools, factory's, shops, offices everything would close. The only places to thrive during bad weather are the pubs. Come to think of it, could you send us some of your snow please.

Snow on it's way  ,so the pub's can be full ,   still have numerous unassembled snow men for sale,,,  going cheap...  stay warm.

cool    badeye..

one caper after another

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2394/32950569995_ed04e180c5.jpg
MKD snowblowing last week.  The very next day, I removed the same amount of snow.  Then, half of it melted.  We now have another fresh drop of about 4 inches.  I'm not complaining too much, since I don't really ever HAVE to leave the house and MKD has a 4x4.  I'd rather a little more warmth though.  I'm thankful we don't live in the true snowbelt.  The worst area nearby got about 10 feet in a week's time.

When I snowblow "the driveway" I travel about 2 miles by foot, according to my fitness tracker.  Of course, this includes going all the way from the Pole Barn to the driveway, looping up to the chicken coop, clearing an area for the dogs, and back to the pole barn.  Considering I could use the exercise, I oddly kind of enjoy doing this.  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Y'all really oughta come on down for chordiestock

http://static.lakana.com/media.fox13news.com/photo/MAP/17522907/17522907_Position1.JPG

just sayin' smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

It's a good thing we're not supposed to swear on these forums, Topdown.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

topdown wrote:

Y'all really oughta come on down for chordiestock

http://static.lakana.com/media.fox13news.com/photo/MAP/17522907/17522907_Position1.JPG

just sayin' smile

Ah but the tree pollen is a real killer though.
Just saying smile

Topdown ... your killin' me here, man! lol

arkady wrote:

Ah but the tree pollen is a real killer though.
Just saying smile

Ark - Palm trees give off very little pollen smile

Tenement Funster wrote:

Topdown ... your killin' me here, man! lol

Come on down anytime TF - I've got a spare bed and rum runners on on me. Chordians are always welcome!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!