Topic: need whole song with chords on top of words...

can't be only me. been playing for 20+ years. specially need for new songs... help!

Re: need whole song with chords on top of words...

so many  choice songs i can't play !

3 (edited by Classical Guitar 2017-03-03 18:58:06)

bowlsbabe wrote:

so many  choice songs i can't play !

Welcome to Chordie. From reading both of your posts, and you have been playing for 20+ years are there chords you can not play? Do a search for some of your favorite artists and then looks at the songs listed. You can also do a song search for songs you like. If the chords are not to your liking you can change the key to a song to show other chords that might be more to what you want to play.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're looking for songs that have the chords over the words for the entire song like this one.

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/?url= … ranspose=0

I went through my songbook and found that there aren't very many like this. Most of them have the chords for the first verse, refrain and a bridge, if there is one. I'm guessing it's done to save space but could be totally wrong.

When I'm working on a new song, I decided to learn the chord progression first. Once I can play it through without looking at it I add the lyrics. It's worked for me- most of the time.

I print them out, in larger format and then write in the chords as they reappear in the verses which follow. I have to do it that way, because the dementia has affected my memory to the point where I don't trust it, and it's a "show-stopper" for me if I have to leaf back to see what chords to play.

This may seem and odd way to do it if you're one of the younger, more accomplished Chordians, but being solo and even repeating a tune over and over, I can no longer remember 3 songs at best.

The printed pages with all chords written over the words, I place the pages into a losse-leaf binder.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com