Topic: horizontal tango/good enough for buddy

here's a collaboration between easybeat, peatle and myself, it's a little naughty so i wont be posting the lyrics.

https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/tango

https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/buddy

this second track is also a collaboration with my two kiwi friends and is a concoction of buddy holly's titles and the rhythm we all know

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: horizontal tango/good enough for buddy

Phill
you`ve done a great job on these.
I hope they get the attention they deserve.
But with Chordie you just never know.

The King Of Audio Torture

Nicely done boys!!!   Left message on the cloud !!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hi Phill
Not only do us Kiwis who follow Rugby Union love the Welsh because we play the same game. We love the way your suporters.sing. Cardiff Arms Park is a place of pilgrimage for many a Kiwi. Your Town  LLanelli is also known by many  here through Rugby. Back in the early 70s our All Blacks were given a great lesson on how to play rugby in your town.  It is now a privilege for me and Easybeat  to  have someone like you teach us how to write and put together  a  great song. Both songs you put up are  very good but full credit must be given to you and Easybeat. Welsh entertainers like Harry Secombe, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey and Phill Williams have provided me with great entertainment over the years . Thank you Phill.
Quiet often on a Sunday around about  5pm I stop for a quick beer with my friends at our local there I will raise my pint and wish you my friend good health and say those Welsh words La ch yd da..

Thanks for those fab sentiments. It's always been a privilege to watch the All Blacks, I attended back in the early 60s when you plastered us in the second half. And the only time I actually put a bet on a game....and won! Of course that was the old Stradey park, sadly now a housing estate. The home of rugby is now about a mile away in a new purpose built stadium called Park y Scarlets.

I believe what you were trying to say at the end is...iechyd dda or good health

kia ora...... I m hoping that's the right context

Kia Ora is the right Maori word and that iechyd dda  is what I was trying say.
Ka Pai Phill  Ka Pai means good pronounced Car Pie.   
A Fijian word we use at my 96 year old mum   home as she is Fijian is Bula Vinake a way of saying cheers. It also translates to hello thankyou as Bula also means hello and vinaka means thankyou.
Vinaka Phill

I did quite a bit of Bula Vinaka last night as the lager flowed freely!

Vinaka Peatle

Listening to the first one now. I'm quite impressed by the arrangement and production and assume you folks did this all remote. Did you just each record tracks, send them around to one another and assemble the piece that way? How'd you do this? Also can you give us a list of credits? Who is singing, playing guitar, etc., on each? Who tracked the drums?

As you can tell I'm very interested in finding out more about how you so successfully got this all done. smile

Phill pretty well did everything.On the first one Peatle & i added a few words.
I guess the main thing we contributed was support, encouragement & communication.
same applies to the Buddy song,but this time it was my idea & i started it off with
the title & a verse.Clever Phill did everything else.
We all had a great time emailing back & forward sorting it all out.
I would love to do this with other Chordians if anyone is interested.

I'm interested.  I have lots of song ideas but few finished songs

BGD
please feel free to email me.
I will forward to Peatle as well,we can throw some ideas around.
We won`t be offended if u don`t use them,lets talk, see what happens?
I`m sure Phill would love to join in with the conversation as well.
This applies to all chordians,lets talk,throw ideas around.
thanks.EB

Peatle and Brian are understating their part in these songs. Unfortunately I tend to go luney tunes when I'm working with people and ideas come flowing thick and fast. As Brian said I am more than happy to work with any of my Chordie mates just beware of me taking over.

By the way, Buddy came from a conversation with EB when we were talking about song lengths, Brian likes shorter tracks like Buddy Holly's 2 minute songs, so he said " if it's good enough for Buddy Holly it's good enough for me" so there we go!

I wish we could have sent MP3 s around the world and maybe got Jan to sing but unless everyone has multi track facilities it's almost impossible.

BTW, when I record all instruments are live even drums

I'll do that.  I'll set up a shared folder and drop some things in it.  Might be a couple weeks as I still need to do sotm.  Thx for the offer!!!

Oh so good you guys!! what a great thing to do, collaborating, bringing talents and idea`s to fruition and opposite sides of the world to boot! Just awesome!

I thought 'Tango' was just brilliant, posted comments on Sound cloud ..... that was such a fun song, upbeat, could dance to it, just a happy song,  ............ I will now look at campers with a different perspective! and your all to blame  haha. 

Buddy was very good too ... 2. 32 minutes to be exact lol.  Great team effort you guys, should be proud of your selves smile

Phill that would be awesome to join in singing or something ..........but alas no multi-track set up for me ..........i do confess to owning a RC 30 Boss 2 track but haven't a clue how to use the thing lol.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Jandle
yeah looking forward to putting ideas toward a song or two
But i think it`s best to throw some ideas around for someone elses song.
Let them make decisions on what to use or not.
this is what we did with Phill.He took little bits of our ideas & created /performed the songs.
So it`s Phills song just `A little help from my friends`

Nice to hear the collaborations still going. I enjoyed these couple. Thanks