Topic: put it down to innocence

here's my new song in a stripped down mix just voice and guitar, drums, lead guitar, bass and piano come in later. i'd be interested to know how everyone prefers it?

https://soundcloud.com/iphillfine/put-i … -innocence

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: put it down to innocence

Sounds very good as is, Phill ... nice song.

Since you mentioned instrumentation, I gave it another listen and tried to "assemble the ensemble", if you will. The only two instruments I might add would be some soft bass guitar, and a piano working behind throughout ... Bruce Hornsby style.

Good work, my friend ... and you have a great singing voice!

Hi TF, thanks for the listen even though I think I put in the wrong forum?

The piano, bass and drums are there all the way through it's just that I faded them out for the first half of the song because members have said they prefer songs bare bones so to speak! Personally I don't. I can put up the finished version if you like?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phil, love it. Very roots rock and Americana, if youll pardon the expression.

I would love to hear some B3 or maybe even accordion on the choruses...like Counting Crows style.

Phill
good to see everyone hears it differently.i guess thats what music is all about.
i`m keen on a little bit of tamborine backing the guitar on the stripped down part.
you`ve done an excellent job on this track.

The King Of Audio Torture

Hi Phill
I think the stripped down arrangement works perfect.

Holy fish, man! Your song is so good. You know, it reminds me of sad scenes in romantic movies, when everything sucks and everyone crying and i imagine your song playing. Oh god, how foolish people for not giving artists like you at least some space.

Oh hi there, Kitty. What? Wanna jump on my keyboard? sDFH;KADSHGFaedh j'PAKE F[PDSJ'ASDGBSFBGASFDsdfbdsaerADsfA