Topic: Review is In. I need to hang it up.

The review is in. Maybe I should give up guitar playing.
My wife watches our 10 month old great grandson. I got the guitar out today and started working on the lead to The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald. The baby came running, in his walker, to the room I was playing. I looked at him and asked if he liked it. He wrinkled up his face and started bawling. Guess he didn't care for it much.
Now his dad is an accomplished Bluegrass player and supposedly the baby loves guitar playing.
Don't know if was genera or playing. I will have to try some Bluegrass or maybe the five string on him..

Re: Review is In. I need to hang it up.

My daughter started crying to mr cash the other day.  Feel your pain

heck I bring my wife to tears all the time.  smile

For christmas I gave her a coupon that had five stars on it. It was giving her the opportunity five times to have me stop playing guitar   

she has already used 4 of the stars

smile 

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

heck I bring my wife to tears all the time.  smile

For christmas I gave her a coupon that had five stars on it. It was giving her the opportunity five times to have me stop playing guitar   

she has already used 4 of the stars

smile 

Jim

You must be pretty good for her to have 1 star left and half the year still to go. lol

Baby loves everything from Ralph Stanley to Guns & Roses.  smile

And she likes to bang on the guitar, too.  Sometimes I have to prevent her from banging on it with drum sticks, but I'm not gonna discourage her either.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Children can be so brutally honest ... who knows what's affecting them at that age? My boys used to like me playing Lightfoot's "Don Quixote" when they were little, and the jangly rhythm it plays along at.

marshel...don't you dare give up! i found over the years that playing the guitar is therapy, for me if no one else! torture is listening to someone throttling a violin or blowing a recorder too hard. do what i do in these circumstances....go into a quiet room where they wont interrupt,

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I agree with Phill on this, do not give it up! When I first learned how to play my mom used to send me to the basement lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Phill Williams wrote:

marshel...don't you dare give up! i found over the years that playing the guitar is therapy, for me if no one else! torture is listening to someone throttling a violin or blowing a recorder too hard. do what i do in these circumstances....go into a quiet room where they wont interrupt,

Not giving up. It was met as "tongue and cheek."

So glad. Also glad I'm not the only one with a strange sense of humour....

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.