Topic: New pickup day

I just had a L.R. Baggs Anthem pickup put in my Martin D-41.  It sounds amazing. Very natural sound to my guitar. I love it already.
I have a question for anyone who may have installed one.  Will a TRS cable be of any benefit over a standard guitar cable. There is no note of it in the info sent with the Pickup.

Re: New pickup day

Congrats, Tyson!

The tech guy at our local music store was giving the Anthem a raving review a while back, as I was asking about a better pickup system for my Cordoba. It has an internal system which doesn't sound very natural, and he suggested the Anthem.

For your cable, I can't see where a TRS would gain you anything over a standard TR. You've only got one mic generating a signal, so without a dual signal that requires balancing, or a true stereo output, I don't think it would be of any extra benefit.

TF  , The Anthem has a mic under the bridge and a under the saddle pickup also.  There is a dial so you can blend the two, more or less of either one. So it does have a daul signal.
That's why I'm questioning the cable. Does that shed a little more light on the subject ?  Do you have any other thoughts ?

I have not seen this one before and I like the concept. I must save up my pennies and try one out smile

Happy NPuD

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Tyson7 wrote:

I just had a L.R. Baggs Anthem pickup put in my Martin D-41.  It sounds amazing. Very natural sound to my guitar. I love it already.
I have a question for anyone who may have installed one.  Will a TRS cable be of any benefit over a standard guitar cable. There is no note of it in the info sent with the Pickup.

I've contacted the LR Baggs tech people before with questions and found them to be helpful.  Check their FAQ page, and if there's no answer send them a question on their "Contact Us" or "Service" page.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf,  I went to the FAQ page Over 50 pages of FAQ's.  Contact sent me to Google Chrome. I'm not familiar with Chrome. I'm hoping someone here can help.

Tyson7  I do not use Chrome and use Firefox instead and use ad block plus and use the private browser option for Firefox. Firefox is a safer browser than Google Chrome. I also use Duck Duck Go for my default search engine because it does not sell advertising.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Tyson7 wrote:

TF  , The Anthem has a mic under the bridge and a under the saddle pickup also.  There is a dial so you can blend the two, more or less of either one. So it does have a daul signal.
That's why I'm questioning the cable. Does that shed a little more light on the subject ?  Do you have any other thoughts ?

That may change things, Tyson ... wasn't aware of the two signals. However, where you mention there's a blender on board, that would mean there's only one signal coming from the guitar. I can't see where the stereo chord could really accomplish anything.

TF. Thanks for  the info. It does make sense. Sometimes I tend to over think the problem.