Topic: well its flooding down in texas

asking all my chordie friends to keep Texas in their thoughts and prayers.

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: well its flooding down in texas

Oh wow! You're practically in the heart of that mess. Will you have to bug out?

Hang in there and good luck

3 (edited by TIGLJK 2017-08-28 02:31:51)

it is just awful.  Prayers and thoughts are with you Mojo and all the good people of the Lone Star State and surrounding areas.
Stay Safe !!
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

unclejoesband wrote:

Oh wow! You're practically in the heart of that mess. Will you have to bug out?

Hang in there and good luck

on the northern edge of the storm  we are good here in Nac, got friends and family farther south not doing so good. I grew up on the coast , rode out hurricanes in the gulf on platforms and on onshore to, never seen anything like this.

My prayers and thoughts are with the good folk of Texas. At this time I pray the people worse affected find the strength to get through it.

That's a tragic mess right now ... can't imagine how awful this must be for people in the middle of it all. Saw some footage on the news, and it's a nightmare.

Mojo

Can't help but think there is a song in there with how you posted that title ......  I was just sitting here thinking about the opening line,,,,,

well it's raining here in Texas, don't know when  it will  end
well it's flooding here in Texas, gonna need some help  my friends

I hope there is no further loss of life.   With all the other dumbass stuff going on in our country, maybe we can instead focus on helping the good folks of Texas recover.

Best wishes and prayers  to all of the Texans that are suffering.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thinking of you and your family Mojo!  I am glad to hear you're in a decent location, however very sorry to hear you've got family further south.  I hope they've all stayed safe.  The devastation on the news is so very sad.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I'm glad you're well, but I hope your friends get the help they need to get through the storm and to recover afterwards.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

TIGLJK wrote:

Mojo

Can't help but think there is a song in there with how you posted that title ......  I was just sitting here thinking about the opening line,,,,,

well it's raining here in Texas, don't know when  it will  end
well it's flooding here in Texas, gonna need some help  my friends

I hope there is no further loss of life.   With all the other dumbass stuff going on in our country, maybe we can instead focus on helping the good folks of Texas recover.

Best wishes and prayers  to all of the Texans that are suffering.

Jim

well I am afraid the first line is taken. texas flood was a big SRV hit not sure who wrote it. it was kind of his anthem.

Peatle Jville wrote:

My prayers and thoughts are with the good folk of Texas. At this time I pray the people worse affected find the strength to get through it.

people from all over are sending help, our neighbors to the east have sent the Cajun navy. every red neck in texas with a boat has headed that way to assist.i would be going my self with my friends but I leave for work in the morning. say what you want about this country but when a neighbor is in trouble or any one for that matter Americans drop what they are doing and come to the rescue. thanks for the thoughts and prayers on behalf of my fellow Texans

Mojo

haha   I just looked it up ---  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVjdMLAMbM0      great song. SRV is awesome.

It sure was a close, but unintended match of lyric !

You are right  about people giving aid - although the Texas Rangers Baseball organization didn't shine too well they way they treated the astros regarding moving games.

Hope your job "deployment"  goes well for you.

Even though you are away - keep in touch on chordie - I love your songs, lyrics and comments !!

jim