Topic: Irma

Just wanted to wish Jeff (topdown) all the best as Hurricane Irma barrels through his neck of the woods.

Stay safe Jeff.

Re: Irma

Jeff you, Toney and Georgia are in my thoughts wishing, hoping and praying that everything will be OK.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Yep, it puts the drizzle we're getting into perspective. Keep safe all you guys out there in the firing line.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Stay safe, Jeff (Topdown)... looks like a rough weekend in store for y'all, even up into Bill's area in Atlanta.

Thanks folks. We have been watching this for over a week and most Floridians are well prepared. I reserved a flight out of town last week (leaving Saturday) in case I feel the need to get out. If I stay, I have friends to bunk with on high ground only a short drive away. My little house on the beach is already under mandatory evacuation orders, so I will be going somewhere. Luckily, the current forecast puts the storm running up the center of the state with only minimal hurricane force winds and little to no storm surge in my area (flooding is the largest concern for me!). I've got a couple of full propane tanks for the grill and plenty of water, beer, food and smokes so I think I will survive smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

As always any of the Chordie Family who can make it here to Carrollton, are welcome to bunk with us.

Prayers and thoughts are with you all.

We send our love.

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

As always any of the Chordie Family who can make it here to Carrollton, are welcome to bunk with us.

Unfortunately, it now looks like Irma is going to be knocking on your door as well.  Stock up and stay safe.

And it looks like Jeff has a great big bulls eye painted on his place.

Down here in NZ my prayers are for you all to keep safe up there in the USA.

Well folks there has been a very bad change in the forecasted track. Yesterday this was supposed to be a fairly minor event, now it looks like Irma is going to go right over top of us. The are saying to expect 120 MPH plus sustained winds (with higher gusts) and a 6 to 8 foot storm surge in my area. Irma is a beast and we are right in her sights. I will be leaving in the morning for higher grounds and will likely be without power for quite sometime. I just hope I have a house to come home to once this all passes.

I'm not really the type of guy to ask for prayers, but any positive thoughts and vibes are appreciated. If you can't do that, please go outside and blow as hard as you can in my direction - maybe some wind shear will knock her down a notch. big_smile

And don't worry - my guitars are going with me! smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

I will be leaving in the morning for higher grounds and will likely be without power for quite sometime. I just hope I have a house to come home to once this all passes.

I've been closely watching this storm for 2 days. I was hoping to hear you say something like that.

Good luck and check in when you get a chance.

Take care and be safe Jeff. Glad you are looking after your stringed babies. smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"