Topic: Chordie merchandise - contest

I am going to make some Chordie T-shirts and mugs, but I need some ideas.

Any suggestions to motives/designs?
Any good slogans?

If your design/slogan is used, you will receive free merchandise!

Re: Chordie merchandise - contest

I would suggest 2 kinds of T-SHIRTS
- with short sleeves
- without sleeves.

On the front a guitar, on the back some music notes, or on the front the guitar and on the back a guitar, with of course CHORDIE, or/and I"m PROUD TO BE A CHORDIAN.
Colours, black, and white.
But I'm proud to be a chordian sounds nice, you cabn even add, in smaller letters the name of the website.
Distribution: I think you need an EUROPEAN point besides the USA point.
If you have them, I'll buy of course (I prefer without sleeves)
Why a point here in Europe, easier to pay through the bank, is complicated when talking about wire transfers to the US.
Reasonable price, more or less cheap, but of course, I would like, and I made already a suggestion, to come together once.
If you find a sponsor, like Gibson, Fender or Music Stores: SAY YES.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Distribution points in europe and the us are all fine and well but what about the rest of us? We'll end up paying more because of shipping, etc.
Why not make a space where we can send designs to. That way we can vote for what we like and what is practical.

Front reads "GOT CHORDIE?"
Back reads" Get it, Got it, Got Good" with a picture of a guitar below slogan.
                      (semi abstract guitar drawing, ala John Lennon art style)
Black shirt with white lettering.

Give everything but up.

Slogan:

A CHORDIAN
not
ACCORDIAN

picture of a full barre chord...such as G or A or G7 (with the pinky finger on the second string 6th fret) instead of the oridinary 3rd fret G7...

another possibility

The letter "A" made from 3 flying "V" guitars....and below the letter the word CHORDIAN

my $.02...

I love brainstorming....... one silly idea can lead to a fantastic one.

How about a play on words, something like:

These hands are registered with CHORDIE....... a play on the myth that someone with a high level in martial arts must register their hands with the police.

Why Fret? Just let it slide.
CHORDIE the most laid back community worldwide!

Chordian Family Member
United Al Fine                     Al fine..... to the end

Gotta go to work will think of others
Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

bodies
nuts
pickups
Rods
Slings
Straps

OUR FETISH HAS THEM ALL

mhebert wrote:

Why Fret? Just let it slide.
CHORDIE the most laid back community worldwide!

ou know something, I was trying to think of something for this before I read these psts, all pretty good i think. but that above is superb I think.

All I could think of was

Need chords?
Go to chordie

with a few musical notes, or the logo it has just now with a chord diagram.

How long is this going to go on for Per?

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

9 (edited by nadine2 2007-08-21 18:33:06)

"Why Fret? Just let it slide.
CHORDIE the most laid back community worldwide!"

I love this one! That's bloody good.

Nadine, ik jou ni vergeet ni.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Tons of good ideas. Keep them coming...

If anyone has pictures, Ill be glad to put them online for everyone to see. Just send them to admin@chordie.com with the subject "design ideas".

I promise I will at least find a distributor in UK and US. If it becomes popular, Ill expand that.

nadine2 wrote:

I agree. But the second line is a bit long for a T-shirt slogan. Could it be replaced with an image?

I don't know what you can do more, writing out a contest, and the winner gets a trip to GRUHN in Nashville? hahahahahahahaha
Everyone likes to see his project, so I should suggest to make 1-3 different kinds, printed and made in large quantities it won't affect the price. I suggested the with and without sleeves.
I think that the most difficult part will be: trying NOT to hurt feelings, and maybe as I told, using MAXIMUM 3 different slogans, or pictures, using most of the ideas.
In a later stage, you can keep 3-5 ideas, I hope you can show the best ideas, and than the chordians can vote, but ONLY 1 week. Most votes: wins, AND, you can check it only 1 vote per chordian.
Is this reasonable? or not?

admin wrote:
nadine2 wrote:

I agree. But the second line is a bit long for a T-shirt slogan. Could it be replaced with an image?

I didn't come up with that...mhebert did! But yes, perhaps an abstract guitar? Something that will make people really look to see what's on your shirt. I don't mean totally picasso but perhaps not just the usual guitar. And maybe instead of gibson or something you could use chordie as the brand?
Maybe not too colourfull, black and white. Where you use white as your base you can counterchange it with black and where you use black you can counterchange with white. And less colour = less expense.

The image would have to be just right. I like Nadines idea about an abstract image as we have more then just guitar players on the site. Ukes, Mandolins, Banjos, ...... a general image would be good.

The Chordie logo could be on a pick.

I have an image in my mind of a cartoon. A chordian brings his guitar to a luther and explains that he has to have the internet connection on his guitar fixed.

or

askes about the cost of the same model with a USB port factory installed

well something along those lines.

Michel

How about a Music Timeline

Renaissance
Baroque
Classical
Romantic
Twentieth Century
Chordian

I wrote about a guitar, but nadine's idea is better. There must be someone who can paint a "picassolike" item, that SHOULD BE INTERPRETED as a guitar, but I am afraid if we start adding all the people playing different instruments, we will need more a T-shirt that can be used to go to bed in the winter, because add: sax, (no sex Nadine), trumpet, piano, flute, ukulele, guitar, drums, bass, harpsicord, harp, even a juke box, there will be no place. Maybe a guitar, most of us play that instrument I think, surrounded by little pianos, drums, trumpets.. and MUSIC NOTES!! About the text, the word chordian is quit popular and a must of course the website: www. chordie.com
Something: you want (to be a) music(ian), you'll get it on CHORDIE.
Nice contest.

how about mhebert's suggstion

Why fret? just let it slide!
         CHORDIE
     ( chord image)

When someone knows this is the best idea, the credit is still going to mhebert!!

I just love that Why fret? let it slide

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Thanks Ken,
I like your idea. Now we just have to decide on which cord how about Bm7b5?

Michel

20 (edited by gitaardocphil 2007-08-23 06:44:34)

I agree, but wait for other ideas. mhebert's idea is really great, but I would like to see on the shirt: the name website, and "chordian".
mhebert: what do you exactly mean with  why fret, just slide.
It woul be beautiful his TIMELINE, because it is quit representative.
ARE YOU A BIG MUSIC FAN
BECOME NOW A CHORDIAN
Using this with the timeline, and CHORDS of course, or like music sheet, with notes, and small different instruments, following the timeline: harpsichord, lute

I am 200% sure if these ideas are "approoved", we'll have very lovely shirts.
Isn' it weird, I have never seen a forum like this. We are almost all a group of friends. Especially thpse who we can spot a lot.
Dear administrator: what about a reunion? It can be realised. But every single chordian must have the opportunity, like $$$.
For me it is really difficult, due to my condition: wheelchair on the airport, and a compagnon to help.
But if I know that it will take place, my favourite place is still Las Vegas Nevada, because, usually, the flights are cheaper, and if you take an hotel, like Circus Circus, you pay $50 per room.
The ultimate dream should be; finding a sponsor, try to visit the factory of fender, let me dream...

upyerkilt wrote:

how about mhebert's suggstion

Why fret? just let it slide!
         CHORDIE
     ( chord image)

When someone knows this is the best idea, the credit is still going to mhebert!!

I just love that Why fret? let it slide

Ken

I agree, this is definately the best one. I doubt anyone can top it.

mhebert wrote:

How about a Music Timeline

Renaissance
Baroque
Classical
Romantic
Twentieth Century
Chordian

How would you represent that? Like a timeline with 6 lines like written music and the different era's represented by notes which become progressively more modern until we reach chordie? You have some great ideas!

I like MHeberts Why Fret-Just Let It Slide, Very cool.  How about  Chordie, where guitars meet.

Just my two cents worth....Badeye.

one caper after another

gitaardocphil wrote:

mhebert: what do you exactly mean with  why fret, just slide.

Hi Doc,
To "fret" over something means to worry or be concerned about something.
"Let it slide" means to let things go, or not to worry.

Michel