1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-01-21 23:25:03)

Topic: Take My Photo Reporter.

Hi it is summer here in Wellington the capital city of New Zealand. Here is a poem about a hot summer day in Wellington with all the politicians on holiday and  a lack of stories for the local reporters.

Take My Photo Reporter
On a slow news day.
One man standing outside.
Waiting for a cool house.
With no heat and friction..
Under the glow of  burning midday sun.
No pictures painted by  clouds.
Just clear blue sky.
Paralyzed harbour looking for a distant wave.
Water not to walk on.
Just a mirror for today
Mother nature not ready.
One day she will breath.

Grab a photo reporter and write my story down'
Yeah  grab a photo reporter and write my story down.
A mingling circling  crowd.
Heading into the mall.
Looking for cool air.
Melting icecream and rattling cups.
Over table stories,
Grab a photo reporter and write my story down.
Yeah grab a photo reporter and write my story down.
'Our Prime Minister is having a baby.
That would be strange if she was a man.
Grab a photo reporter and write my story down.
Yeah grab a photo reporter and write my story down.

Re: Take My Photo Reporter.

Gidday Peatle
the word man strikes again,great observations & oh so true.
funny how little `news`there is when the journalists are on summer holiday.
I predict in the next few weeks we are going to see` more news`

The King Of Audio Torture

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-01-22 11:08:42)

Cheers EB  thank you for your kind comments. It seems to me most news  we see and hear is negative, and replete with disasters, terrorism, crime, scandals and corruption. Does the media create that negative news bias or is it responding to a human  preference for bad news over good news? ???? I am sure it isimportant we know about what is wrong. but do we get hear about the positive things out there.

Another beauty, Peatle ... thanks for this!

It's winter here in Canada, so we'd gladly take some of your excess warmth. big_smile Our politicians here usually introduce their most painful legislation in the summer, when no one's paying attention. Over the last 30 years, we have built one of the most broken forms of democracy (IMHO) on the planet.

wouldn't it be nice to spend the summer in one hemisphere then migrate to the other hemisphere for the summer there? it's brass monkey weather here at the moment. as the Eagles said in Desperado...."the sky wont snow and the sun don't shine" it hardly ever snows in Llanelli.
i've experienced the OZZY summer a couple of years back; 40 degrees in the shade, great for the tan lol but i suspect slightly cooler in NZ?

personally, i never read the papers or seldom watch the news, i check the internet for what interests me, like Llanelli SCARLETS beating Toulouse last saturday, that's news you want to hear any time of year.

having said all that, what a great piece of journalism, better than the trash the papers put out.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-01-23 08:47:56)

Cheers  Phill us Kiwis and Welsh love our Rugby Union. It would be good to follow summer around the world. Thank you  for your kind comments on my writting. Newspapers are hard going to read.and TV news gets a bit much. After hearing the same News item on the radio a few times I have had enough. I read the free Newspaper at the library or give the internet a bit of a quick scan.   New Zealand summer temperatures are around the mid twenties this month. We are a little closer   then OZ to the South Pole so dont get as hot, .
TF thank you for your comments. Our politicians here in NZ are also good at sneaking unpopular legislation through Parliament . Here in NZ they do it often in the middle of the night when the rest of the country is sleeping'
I guess we should be thankful for brave reporters a total of 65 reporters were killed doing their job in 2017.around the world,

Are you going to put this to music? I like it. It captures a moment very well.

Cheers Baldguitar I would like to hear it as a song but havent got my head around doing it as  a song. Thank you for your feed back on my poem,  Maybe someone on chordie can figure out how to turn it into a song.
My week has been messed up with a good friend of mine passing away suddenly. He is a bachelor with no close family so we his friends have had to think about a funeral for him and deal with our sadness..We his friends will celebrate his life in a fun way once we get his body back from the coroners.
Maybe once I have  worked through the grief of this week I will get my head in a better position to turn this poem into a song.

Peatle
to quote Rod Stewart  " every picture tells a story"

you painted a great picture in everyone's imagination !

Well done my friend!
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

10 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-01-23 19:55:47)

Cheers Jim,  I am glad the brush strokes painted with words worked. Thank you.