1 (edited by easybeat 2018-01-26 20:49:02)

Topic: The Solo

on this one i did the unthinkable, yes, a rewrite.
was looking to have tension,excitement & humour,hope i succeeded.
THE SOLO
Prestigious gig saturday night
who`s who from the music industry
got to get it right
a set of twenty songs
the high point his solo
causing some concern
gone over and over again
rehearsal every night
gig night comes around
anticipation fever pitch
band playing red hot
when his solo comes around
he delivers it with passion and fire
with feel and soul
his hands can do no wrong
he gives it all he`s got
which drives the crowd wild
drenched in sweat
waking saturday morn
hoping that he`d play the solo
as he`d done in his dream

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: The Solo

A little twist at the end there easybeat smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

EB

ahhh the irony.... the re-write might be the post dream performance !
smile   smile  smile
cool
lol

Perfect buddy - I love it !!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

"hoping that he'd play the solo as he'd done in his dream"....wow, done that been there worn the tee shirt out!

so true to life. whenever i've premiered a new song "live" and there's a solo first thing is remembering the words then remembering the first note of the solo that i'd worked out. often (in battlefield conditions) the panic that you've come to the solo can catch you unawares so i've played; the wrong string, the wrong note or even the wrong key or a solo from another song....! so this quite apart from the fact that it's a cracking bit of writing, is so true to life.
i read in the Beatles autobiography that when they started out (Sutcliff on bass) McCartney had a guitar solo to play and i believe the nerves got the better of him. it happens to the best of us.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

EB you describe that muscians nervousness  well.  Before that big gig for some the apprehension of being judged badly by others can cause  some  awful moments of anxiety.

lol

I'm jealous - I never have to worry about that...........

not because i'm that good - but rather I can't play very well nor sing worth a darn
so the only gigs i'll be playing for are my grandkids smile

must be fun though - I equate it with my playing in some championship soccer or basketball games - had plenty of those and had lots of nervousness.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Hey guys this is pure imagination,i would`nt know where to start on a solo.

The King Of Audio Torture

8 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-01-30 11:06:23)

Loved it ... and the twist at the end is cool. I had a dream once about getting a shutout (former hockey goal tender) in a tournament winning game. It was so vivid, I woke up looking around the room for the MVP trophy I was awarded. lol

Nice smile

Hello!