Topic: Songs long forgotten

Some songs we just forget about but a little reminder sometimes brings them back into our playlists.
Recently I have rediscovered

Fool On The Hill - The Beatles
Another Saturday Night - Cat Stevens

Fun to play and great songs .....

Have you rediscovered any songs lately?

Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Re: Songs long forgotten

I would have to say..

Tangerine by Zep
aaand
well thats all recently..

but thank you for reminding me of fool on the hill.. i think i shall learn that right now.

I've been working on Another Saturday Night too, but remember that Cat Stevens' version is a cover of a Sam Cooke song.  Just among friends, no problem.  But if you play it out, you're going to want to credit it to the right source. 

Every day while listening to the radio, I hear a song or seven that I had forgotten about and want to learn.  And if I'm at home with one of the digital music stations on the TV I hear more.  Too many good old songs out there to keep up with.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks for the info Zurf. I know what you mean, too many great songs. I always tell myself that I should write down the titles when I hear them but never do. I guess I should at least try to record the title in my cell voice recorder......

Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Yes mhebert, it happened to me too. But to be more specific, looking on chordie, artists, I saw songs performed by let's say Cat Stevens, really nice songs, but old, like you will find too looking in the Simon & Garfunkel section

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

i remember down by the old mill stream,also val doonican ,harry secombe, bing crosby,petula clark,the list is endless...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool