Re: CHORDIESTOCK VI - 3/16/18 - 3/18/18

I plan on bringing a Nashville-tuned travel guitar Zurf, but I'm just trying to figure out whether the other guitar should be my Martin or Blueridge  that have pickups installed or just one of my campfire guitars that have already been baptized with adult beverages and sand. smile

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Baldguitardude wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I just did some research. There are 4 package stores that sell Genesee in the area. Who is luckier than me??

I'm dying to try this stuff.

In my opinion, Genesee is to beer what Big Macs are to burgers. A Big Mac isn't really a burger, but it is burger like. There are much better burgers-like things out there, but sometimes nothing but a Big Mac will do.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Dirty Ed wrote:

I plan on bringing a Nashville-tuned travel guitar Zurf, but I'm just trying to figure out whether the other guitar should be my Martin or Blueridge  that have pickups installed or just one of my campfire guitars that have already been baptized with adult beverages and sand. smile

Last year everyone played Jeff's J45 at the Sunday night deal. Not at the same time, mind you. And of course, Southpaw had his own lefty guitar, and The Steve used a bass. So most everyone.  And  of course I bought Tiny from you, so you can play it if you like.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Dirty Ed wrote:

BTW Jeff, will we just be playing at your house?  Will we also do a "beach" jam or play at one of the local watering holes as in years past?  Like JJJ I'm trying to decide which guitar(s) to bring.

DE

I'll share the post I put on the FB event page for those who aren't on FB or otherwise may have missed it:

OK - There are some newbies coming this year, so I thought I'd share the "agenda" - there really is no agenda so please feel free to come and go as you please. In addition to back porch pickin' daily from 10AM to 2AM, this is what typically shakes out:
WEDS - Paul will be here and Joe will be arriving, right now I am thinking we will head up to Seminole Mickey Quinn's for their Open Mike.
THURS - Most of the out-of-towners will be arriving, so it's airport / welcome day. Casual jams at my place, usually order pizza for dinner. (i'm contemplating changing this up to corned beef and cabbage for those who need that traditional St. Paddy's day meal, sine I won't be making in on Saturday)
FRI - Set-up, prep day - maybe happy hour at DS? Sunset jam weather permitting. Dinner? - unsure.. (Robert is bringing dinner)
SAT - Party day - Folks usually start showing up anytime after noon. I'm going easy this year, just making burgers, dogs and brats on the grill. If anyone wants to bring a side, feel free.
SUN - Bloody Mary's at DS at noon (because that's what I do every Sunday smile ). Casual afternoon, then we take over Toney Hall's jam at Jimmy's in IRB Sunday evening (still to be confirmed)
MON - Clean up and GTFO day!

CAN'T WAIT!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Dirty Ed wrote:

Safe bet - bring all 3! big_smile

mojo01 wrote:

the fried piper is probably more accurate.
i dont think i am going to read this thread any more, i hate it when i miss a good party

Well then you need to make plans for next year! It's always the weekend after the change to Daylight Savings Time. 03/16/19 next year

topdown wrote:
mojo01 wrote:

the fried piper is probably more accurate.
i dont think i am going to read this thread any more, i hate it when i miss a good party

Well then you need to make plans for next year! It's always the weekend after the change to Daylight Savings Time. 03/16/19 next year

it is on my bucket list, hope you guys have a great time.

out of tune out of key and out of touch