Topic: Chordiestock

What a great time. In addition to seeing my friends Topdown, Topdawg and Zurf again, I had the pleasure to meet Beamer, Dirty Ed, Southpaw41, Joey3, and Normtheguitar, along with a bunch of Topdown's local buddies (Wyatt, a couple Steves, a few Jeffs, 1-2 Keiths, a Kristin and a Natalie). I am sure I'm missing other Chordians but the liquid courage was a-flowing.

I am going to try to make this an annual trip and I'm very regretful that it took so long to get around to showing up.

A HUGE thank you to TD for hosting, and also to everyone at CS who shared music with me (and tolerated my toddler).

Can't wait for next year!

Re: Chordiestock

Great seeing you and your family again Joe. You are most definately welcome every year. Here's a group shot. https://scontent.ftpa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29496906_10216020520656000_6701489355153735680_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=4624307eab1215abbcb215a1fd3fdba7&oe=5B4D5A20

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Nice pic! Any videos?

If it wasn't for the late  MIL's house needing prepped for sale I would have been there.  One way or another I'll be there for the next one.  smile

Magic pic. Look forward to more.

"Put up" with your toddler!?  She was a highlight! I am sorry that I didn't know Gabriel was coming, else I'd have brought him a practice band and given him a lesson.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

"Put up" with your toddler!?  She was a highlight! I am sorry that I didn't know Gabriel was coming, else I'd have brought him a practice band and given him a lesson.

She's a ham.

He had a blast. If we have him again next year I'll give you proper notice.

I am in the process of editing (one 45 min selection called the front room rebels) and some other stuff.  and the vids will go to my YT account, audio will probably all be on sound cloud or as a google drive share.

Top Down, who's recorder was that KC was taking care of all night fri and sat?

And I need to add my thanks to TD as he always puts so much energy into the weekend!  Thanks to KC playing Bartender and man of various hats.  Thanks as always also to NAT for just being everywhere at once.

As Joe (BGD) said It was great meeting the new guys. Paul, (though I think that his "mutant"status may be challenged by Cristyn) BGD , I wish I had like 3 days to be mentored by him!, JX3 and Chris. and the many others.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Great photo, looking forward to seeing more of the event smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

beamer wrote:

and the vids will go to my YT account, audio will probably all be on sound cloud .

For my sake, please make those links private and/or password protect the files. smile

Baldguitardude wrote:
beamer wrote:

and the vids will go to my YT account, audio will probably all be on sound cloud .

For my sake, please make those links private and/or password protect the files. smile

No way Dude! You get thrown in the public domain just like the rest of us. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_4557.gif

It was great meeting you and the others.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

unclejoesband wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:
beamer wrote:

No way Dude! You get thrown in the public domain just like the rest of us. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_4557.gif

I actually prefer keeping parties to parties as well. They are less than ideal recording environments, and some conversations accidentally recorded do not bear repeating. That said, I'll live up to or try to live down whatever I've done.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

13 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-03-22 11:49:21)

Great photo, simply awesome! Y'all would have your parkas & mukluks on if you were here in Nova Scotia ... cold, snowy, & windy.

Zurf wrote:
unclejoesband wrote:
Baldguitardude wrote:

I actually prefer keeping parties to parties as well. They are less than ideal recording environments, and some conversations accidentally recorded do not bear repeating. That said, I'll live up to or try to live down whatever I've done.

Strongly agree.  If I knew things were getting out in the general public I’d have just listened and not played. smile

Baldguitardude wrote:
Zurf wrote:
unclejoesband wrote:

Strongly agree.  If I knew things were getting out in the general public I’d have just listened and not played. smile

Stage is different. Anything on a stage is public already. But at a private party among friends, it's different. Booze is flowing, conversations are being had, people playing over each other, you're trying out new material and testing it in a friendly venue. All sorts of things going on that aren't necessarily what I'd want on Youtube as representational of my musical endeavors.

Private sharing among friends I understand. "Wow! We missed you, and you missed a good jam. Check this out." That seems like an entirely different thing from general public viewing. "This is Zurf playing a Lyle Lovett song," and Lyle Lovett's lawyers come looking for money. If you'll notice, just about every one of my CFSOTM references learning from one another. This is why. To me, it's clear that that function falls under the educational clause of the copyright act. But I reinforce that when I post. Parties don't have an exemption.

Those are good thoughts. Next time I will ask that no recordings be made unless the person being recorded agrees in advance.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Again - No problem on my part with making a recording to share with friends who couldn't make it. And I think that's all that BGD asked for - is to set them as private when posted rather than public. Allows for private sharing rather than general public, which is cool.

I hope there are no videos of me. Due to health issues, my playing is getting worse and worse.  I still do play though. As long as I can still play, I will.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Zurf said it Better than I could.  Per usual.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I hope there are no videos of me. Due to health issues, my playing is getting worse and worse.  I still do play though. As long as I can still play, I will.

But you'll be OK because you're JoeyJoeyJoey. It's in all the text books.

(for real - best wishes for recovery)

Totally understand what you guys are saying, I get it.  But i still would love to hear you guys playing ...  especially for us folks who can`t be there.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Whew! Rolled in last night after a 13 hour drive, ending 2400 miles and 8 days on the road.  I left with 35 degrees and snow at my house, drove through a snow storm in WV, and spent the night at a motel in Columbia SC before arriving at Jeff's house Thursday afternoon. He was off picking up Zurf at the airport but I was greeted by Paul and Jeff's son and soon had a cold drink in my hand. Jeff and Zurf arrived shortly after, sleeping arrangements were figured out, some other misfits arrived (and Robert and Keith bringing more instruments) and a jam session  soon began which lasted until after 2 AM.

If you've never attended Chordiestock, let me say that Topdown throws one hell of a party and is a fantastic host. Friday and Saturday was highlighted by jam sessions that lasted into the wee hours, lots of great food, adult beverages and interesting stories and conversations (mixed in with a trip to the aquarium so Zurf could see some fishies). At times the porch jams got so loud I had to retreat to the yard or another room but the talent of the folks who sit in the "circle" and play is amazing.  Sunday was much more subdued as we did a little jammnig then hit a local watering hole for lunch, came back to Jeff's for another jam session then ended the evening going to watch Southpaw play at a local restaurant and watch some of our Chordians take the stage during the open mic.

It was great to meet Baldguitardude/Joe and his family. As they say in KY "that boy knows how to mash then wires", plus he has a great voice. I hadn't seen Paul for several years and he hasn't lost his touch with the "twelver".  Also it had  been a while since I heard Beamer belt out some tunes and it was good to see him again. As always, getting a chance to sit in the "circle" and jam with Jeff, Zurf, JJJ, Topdawg, Cowboy Keith and all of Jeff's talented friends is a treasure. And getting a chance to pick some of the guitars in Jeff's collection is something I look forward to.

I left Monday and drove to the Pensacola area to visit my oldest daughter and family and got the chance to play guitar again along with my oldest grandson who graduates from high school in a couple months. My plan was to return to Ohio on Tuesday but my wife called and said snow storms were expected so I suffered in the 70 degree weather a couple extra days before returning home and waking up to 25 degrees F this morning.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs