Topic: chords request for rosemary by suzanne vega

Hi everyone
such a great song, been looking for it online and couldnt find chords or tab. watching suzanne play it, its looks like the chords are pretty simple but theres this picking pattern that i couldnt figure out...
if any of you know this one and how to play it, id be so happy if you could post it on
thanks alot!

Re: chords request for rosemary by suzanne vega

Hi kharpern,and welcome here. I could not find it here under her name,I searched for Rosmary in the text and they have several artists so you might try there too see if any are the same song. you might post her playing it here also someone might be abla too figure it out if you do. Where did you see her playing the song?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi dino 48, and thanks for your reply!
I searched this site and it looks like there are only songs by other artists in the same name..
but its a good idea, ill post here the video of her playing and i hope one of the others here could help figure it out.
Heres the video:
http://youtu.be/ftQrEYBz-b0
id appreciate it alot if you guys could take a look wink

Hi again k I cannot see her fingers that well seems like she is doing a c to g chord.and fingerpicking them. I am guessing, she is good at fingerpicking,so you would have too be able too do that fairly well. I hope another member looks at this and can find the chord for you. She also has a capo on I belive  the second fret. She is really a good artist and I enjoyed the song.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Yeah Suzanne is great smile
even if i wont find the chords its cool if you heard and liked the song..
Oh and i just found a fan cover video of the song where you can really see the hands of that girl. looks like she plays it a little bit different than the original, but maybe by looking at it you or the other guys and girls here could help cracking the finger pattern. Heres the video:
http://youtu.be/pDnXvreHBi4
Thanks again!

Hi k I still can not figure it out,not that many members here this weekend so keep it posted up here some one else may be able too give you a hand.  Did you try too get it at ultimate guitar,or try too get the music from a local music store?

Hi dino, yeah i looked for it at ultimate guitar and everywhere, couldnt find... I hope too someone else here could help.
Anyway thanks alot for your comments and help it was so cool of you!
Anyone here whos good at finger style, id love it if you look at this videos!

Hi k did you check amazon,you may find some sheet music you can buy or check out you local music store they can find most artists sheet music for a few dollars.. If you find some chords I can help you with fingerpicking.

Hi dino yeah i checked for the music sheet in a few music stores and also on amazon and other sites.. this song is nowhere to be found!
So im totally in your mercy members of this forum wink id love it if youd look at the videos i posted here and help figure out the picking. Thanks everyone!

Hi k I just noticed an ad we have here I have never used it,It is called chordpickout.com,you might give them a try. I would like to learn them also as I would like too play the song! ao let know if you find them.

Hi dino, ive been looking at both videos these last couple of days and i mixed the chords i could figure out of them. I think it sounds about right but i still cant get the picking right (though it sounds nice even  just strumming). So you can give it a shot if you want, and if you get the picking please tell me smile
Chords: capo on 2th. before the verse- 4 measures of Em.
verse: 2 measures (from now on Ms) Em, 2 Ms C, 2 Ms Dadd11 (just like C chord only 2 frets up), 2 Ms C.
2 Ms Em, 2 Ms C, 2 Ms Dadd11, 2 Ms C, 2 Ms Dadd11, 2 Ms C.
Chorus: 2 Ms Em, 2 Ms C, 2 Ms F, 1 Ms G, 1 Ms G/F# (just like G chord but with base on 2 fret).
X2 for the whole chorus.

Thats it, look at the video it would make sense wink
Finally this mystery is starting to be solved...

12 (edited by dino48 2014-07-11 16:37:57)

Hi k. Ihave been real busy,I will try too get too my guitar later today or tommarow and I hope I can find my capo. As for fingerpicking I do not know what kind of music you play or much on how long you have played that would help me know what songs too start you out with. You could also take a look at James Taylors free youtube lessons on picking ( he is not easy) . But a great picker, are you playing acoustic?

Where did you go too K?

Hi dino sorry for my delay... I play the simple classic guitar for like two years now, i play mostly rock, folk and pop. My fingerpicking is ok, but not the best and its taking longer to learn cause im lefthanded and playing righthand guitar.. But i can already play picking patterns of some songs, like the pattern in this song (except for the solo part)  :  http://youtu.be/WM7-PYtXtJM

So i guess i could play the one in rosemary when i know how to smile

I am a lefty and right also but I play right handed. I love Stevie Nicks and all Fleetwwod Mac The Dixie chicks have a version that is easy too play try it out. I have watched a lot of fingerpickers out there and you will notice some will use fingers only or with long nails or with thumb/finger picks. I simply use my fingers,and hover above the chords and pick,sometimes you will have too learn a solo which always takes time. Some times you can lay in a fully strummed chord. Afew good ones to try are CCR Down on the corner, Garth Brooks I got friends in low places. Creams version of  Crossroads ( you can play this like Clapton would have if he did it unplugged and you can do it slow blues fashion.You should put this post in your subscribed area so we will not lose it.

Search youtube for a performance of Rosemary "Live @ The Sinclair". Play the video at 25% speed. Her fingerpicking is fairly visible in that video. I also want to figure this beautiful song out and am working on it now.

So for fingerpicking the strings I've got so far:

for the Emin chord

EAD
EGDBAGD

But I'm not sure.

Hello my chordie brother)     

Thank you for your question. The song is listed by Chordie and here is the direct link: https://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www. … 06922.html     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.