1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-03-24 11:08:44)

Topic: My Home City Street Party This Weekend.

This weekend here in Wellington, New Zealand is CubaDupa  two days of free music and a street  party for the whole family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxUVxb4 … e=youtu.be

Re: My Home City Street Party This Weekend.

Looks like fun. Will you be performing?

Looks like it would be a blast. The nuclear armadillo drummer was interesting.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Cheers Unclejoesband it is a great weekend with all styles of music on show. Lots of smiling happy people having fun. I didnt do anything this year.  When I get my heath back together I might do a Blues set with some of my muso friends who want to do it next year.
Zurf the nuclear armidillo drummer and the group are from what I can gather are Steam Punks using stuff that was going to be thrown out. They have this time gone for  a differant era to the Victorian connection that is usually part of Steam Punk..

Lots of fun by the looks, wish we could have got there this weekend but just had to much else on this weekend.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-03-25 19:51:50)

Jandle it is alot of fun. If you go next year the the afternoon and early evening to me are the best time to be there.  Now I have retired I have got very  busy with life and family it gets hard for Maree and I to go to everything that's on..

Peatle Jville wrote:

Cheers Unclejoesband it is a great weekend with all styles of music on show. Lots of smiling happy people having fun. I didnt do anything this year.  When I get my heath back together I might do a Blues set with some of my muso friends who want to do it next year.
Zurf the nuclear armidillo drummer and the group are from what I can gather are Steam Punks using stuff that was going to be thrown out. They have this time gone for  a differant era to the Victorian connection that is usually part of Steam Punk..

I just wanted to type "nuclear armadillo." I've never had the chance before.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf, Nuclear Armadillo would make a good song title. It could also be a   good name for a band.

Hi Peatle ... I hope the CubaDupa festival was a success. Did "Nuclear Armadillo" make it this year? I pictured this artwork from ELP's 1971 "Tarkus" album cover when I saw the name:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51rvR3vhqZL._SX355_.jpg

TF cheers  that is brilliant you finding that Emerson, Lake & Palmer  artwork  with my bad spelling that beast on Tarkus would have been called  a  Nuclear Amour Dilo.  Nuclear Armadillo  was part of this years Cubadupa. CupaDupa a big sucess this year.