Topic: "I wanna be in a band"

ON that note, I posted the following to another guitar forum (FB guitar zoom)

We can't all be in bands. As fun as it is, sometimes it's just not there or meant to be. And I have accepted that. Yea I have a few guys I jam with,. Neighbors that play. We are all different levels and styles. Most ppl truly don't sing well (Myself at the top of the list)
And you know what? I keep writing and playing. The last year and a half has been my most expensive and fun time. My inner happiness musically is where I am at. It should be the same for you. Music is made to share, but you must love it for yourself first. You must also accept that maybe not everyone else cares about it as much as you do.

AND THIS IS WHY WE LOVE CHORDIE AND CHORDIESTOCKS.  well just play and enjoy,,, Till I had to follow Steve Issiacs LOLOLOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: "I wanna be in a band"

Chris is my biggest audience. As my playing gets worse and worse, she doesn`t let me stop. She keeps encouraging me.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Yep agree to all that. Being in a band of like minded musos is the greatest high I've ever had, when it all comes together in front of an appreciative audience. Having said that I've had some nightmare gigs with drummers that couldn't drum, singers that couldn't sing, one note bassists and guitarists that play out of time and tune. My particular peeve is keyboard players that can only play on the black notes!!!!

Having said all that, I'd love to get into a band again. Over the last year or so I've seen quite a few wrinklies like myself filling out local pubs and clubs because they are better than the karaoke kings and queens that are saturating the live entertainment scene here in south Wales. The fun and comaradary in the van, on stage and rehearsals is incomparable, I recommend it to everyone.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I am not much of a singer or musician myself but I love it when I have been able to do my thing with good musos.

5 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-04-07 11:04:49)

Beamer, isn't it great to get to that place in life? No point in always wishing we could be someone / somewhere / something else, or we'd always be miserable. Enjoying the music (however we do it) is the main thing. Thanks for reminding me of that!

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-04-08 01:41:03)

To me music  shouldn’t be about getting famous. It shouldn’t be about the size of your following. It should be part  of the way in which you connect with the everyday people in the world around you.  Fame is a fleeting enjoyment. But if you’re really lucky, playing music can last forever. To me this is what all the wonderful Chordie folk on here are about connecting to good people and the enjoyment of life and music. I feel humbled to be accepted as part of  this community.