1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-05-14 04:16:04)

Topic: Working Man And Woman

A poem I wrote on the train in the morning in the rain. This afternoon at home I sat down and did It  on my piano with my cell phone. . I have put it on soundcloud link below.   If anyone with better playing and more skills than me wants to improve on it.,  I would be very happy for them to do that
A is the bassline  with the trebble playing E G A then D G with a F sharp and G alternating through out the tune. My  voice not that great as usual.

https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/working-man-and-woman

Working Man And Woman.
Their all leaving home trying to catch a train or bus.
It's a wet and windy day
It ill take lot more than that to stop most of us.
We got to raise our kids.
We got to pay the bills.
We got to pay for our life up up here in the hills.
Such is the lot of the working man and wife.
We spend half our life working trying to find time for the kids.
Trying to get enough money seems to take more time than it should.
We head of to the city on the bus or train no matter what the weather.
It could be rain.
It could be shining.
We could be experiencing  pain.
But we keep on striving.
Such is the life of a working man and working woman  trying to keep the family going.
Yeah trying to keep a family going.
Yeah trying to pay for a roof over our heads.
Yeah we need a bit more time to spend with the kids.
But we got to pay the bills and keep our self respect.
Yeah such is the life of a working man and a woman.
Yeah such is the life of a working man and a woman.
Yeah got to pay the bills some how.

Re: Working Man And Woman

This is terrific, Peatle ... the conundrum of every "bread winner". My Dad would often speak candidly about his desire to spend more time with his family, but also of the necessity of working a full time job to provide for our household. To a young boy it doesn't seem real ... until we grow up and start wearing Dad's shoes.

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-05-15 07:55:04)

Cheers TF time spent  quantity and quality are not always easy for most families. Most kids have differant stages in their growing up of wanting and not wanting to be around their elders. Then also parents career pressures and the need to provide the dosh make having time for family tricky. I found with this poem  the words  need to be better so I could recite it better. I was hoping someone could suggest some good changes to it. Or maybe someone could do it like a song.

Peatle I saw this last post and thought I would check it out this morning but it is no longer there .... did you delete it?

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

You nailed it, dear friend. So much truth flowing out of that pen of yours. Going over to the SC now to give a listen and leave a note. Hugs to Maree!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

6 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2018-05-17 02:58:32)

"Not Found"? What happened , Pete?

Well, I will leave comment here anyway.

Kids are so resilient and inventive, Pete. Most folks would be surprised to realize just how much they can do without if we give them the time as a parent they need and crave.
Playing with a big empty box, wearing hand-me-downs,. daily chores and such would be just fine for them if we could give them what they need: ourselves. But the first thing we need to do is get off this "Keeping up with the Joneses" kick. THAT is what gets us in trouble as parents. Joe Blow down the road drives a Mercedes, but why do you (not you personally) need one.. Is your car running, can you get the bus/train to work. Roof okay, nourishments met and are the kids and wife warm and comfortable.

There you go, and those kids will grow up not missing a thing. All they need is time. OUR time. I learned that the heard way.

I will comment more as soon as you post again.

Your Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

7 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-05-17 06:05:04)

Cheers Jandal I just put a little rough version up on Soundcloud which I have taken down.
Bill your spot on Kids are resilient and inventive. I have always felt greatful for ,my father's parents who I was very close to growing up as they gave me alot of love and time.Though I get on well with my mother now she is 97, growing up I wasn't that close to her as she was often more occupied with other things. My father died when I was twelve, I got on good with him and we enjoyed each other's company.  His relationship with my mother wasn't that good so she was not that happy with my closeness to him and his parents.  When I was younger I was not much of a family guy so I guess I was happy when Maree and I hooked  she didn't want kids. My two sons were lucky to have a good mother and stepfather growing up in Australia and the USA. I am just greatful that my boys never resented me for not been a big part of their growing up. Their late mother always painted me in a good way to them so that was kind of her. The poem I wrote was as a result of me observing and over hearing conversations on buses and trains while out and about. It needs more work done on it.

Your Friend

Pete