Topic: NGD - Wechter TO8442

Due to ongoing arthritis problems, I'm finding it harder to play guitars with narrow nut widths so I'm making changes and going to wider necks. My Martin 000-16srgt and Blueridge BR-63A have 1-3/4" nuts and are still my performing guitars.  I have an old Recording King ROS-16 with a 1-13/16" nut width that I use as my campfire/river bank guitar.  Zurf is planning on buying my Ohio Valley acoustic (he's already named it Olivia) which has a 1-11/16" nut and I plan to sell my Sigma DM-3 (also 1-11/16 nut).

Yesterday I bought a Wechter TO8442 from a buddy.  It's a 000 size body, 12-fret slot-head with a 1-7/8 nut and I got for less than 1/3 of original price.  I just put new strings on her and wow! Sounds great and easy for my big ol' arthritic paws to play notes and chords without having to be real precise to avoid deadening adjacent strings.  I plan to install a K K mini pickup for the couple times a month I play at venues that require "plugging in".

I'm no good at posting pics so here's a link to follow if you're interested in in how she "looks":

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail … t-rosewood

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: NGD - Wechter TO8442

Good deal DE. I’ve never heard of Wechter before. Looking forward to hearing it live in August. Happy ngd!!

Happy NGD, Ed !

I've never heard of Wechter's either. The specs look fantastic, and the solid spruce / rosewood body must sound incredible ... even in an 000 size. Like you, I appreciate a wider nut for my finger size. My Cordoba is 1.8" at the nut and it's my favorite.

mekidsdad wrote:

Good deal DE. I’ve never heard of Wechter before. Looking forward to hearing it live in August. Happy ngd!!

Abe Wechter has been building custom guitars for years.  he is probably best known for his acoustic "Pathmaker" design.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Wechter

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Very Nice DE - reminds me of the Gibson L-OO's that I have been looking at for a while. It's amazing the sound some of these smaller body guitars produce!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Congrats on a NGD. There is nothing like it. Lol

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Congrats - looks pretty cool !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Congratulations. I didn't know Wechter made acoustics.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Looks Great! quality and affordability are hard to find these days smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I realize I'm really late to the party here, but.... happy NGD!!  It hasn't been that long, so I think it's still ok to offer the happy feels.  wink  That New Guitar feeling seems to last a good few months anyway.  Hope you're enjoying it, DE!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.