1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2018-06-02 15:48:59)

Topic: "Hot Rod Lincoln"

Bill Kirchen is one of the founders of "Commander Cody And His Lost Planet Airmen. Here he is performing "Hot Rod Lincoln" a favorite of mine and our friend, the late Dino48. But I suspect only a few of you may have heard it played this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsLdufJePz0

Bill

EDIT: For a guy who was an English major, I sure made a lot of mistakes up there! I think I got 'em all this time.
And Jim, I didn't even notice the way he said "Road" (Rod) at the beginning there. I guess I was too busy waiting for that famous riff which begins the song. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: "Hot Rod Lincoln"

Bill he is good and funny. He plays riffs as good as any I have  heard at any age.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Very entertaining, Bill ... and I love that sweet clean tone he gets from his Telecaster.

fantastic performer

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thank goodness there's that edit button. This is the third time I've had to correct the title.! smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

LOL Bill

I thought you spelled it Road  instead of Rod b/c of the way he said it at the beginning of the song.

He really was superb.
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

{b]Jim{/b],

I'd be willing to bet that Lincoln would leave a lot of evidence of having travelled over that "Road"..

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

The dude is a telemaster!  He sure knew how to make that "tele" talk.  The flat body of a telecaster with the ashtray kept me from owning one, now I have to reconsider. Thanks for sharing Bill - brings back great memories of Dino.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Well, bluejeep, now you're gonna have to show me or explain what you mean by "the flat body...... with the ashtray". I looked really close at Bill Kirchen's Tele, but didn't see an ashtray attached, so if you wouldn't mind?

Thanks

Yer ignrent Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill it is a technique on Telecasters and not a real ash tray for smokers. I  apologize if you were just kidding.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Bill ... the "ashtray" was a nickname for the metal box where the bridge and bridge pickup are located. Some models had a snap on metal cover over this, which often did get used for an ashtray.

https://areyouexperiment.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/fender_52_telecaster_blackguard_relic_-8.jpg?w=490

Thanks, you two! And no Classical Guitar, my friend I wasn't kidding. There are times when I don't think things through (see recent posts) these days and tend to take things literally. But don't worry! I don't go looking for a top hat when I set up my drums. (That was a joke smile )!  Thanks for the visual as well. That helped a lot. I'm glad I have such understanding friends, I really am.

Your Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass