1 (edited by beamer 2018-06-22 18:59:51)

Topic: Don't you hate it when....

So as you guys know I posted the song tortured with lyrics in the correct section.
Well today I'm listening to an acoustic playlist and stained enzyme with a song that had never heard called "Me".
And I swear to God you would think I copied it for my song I do believe the tuning is the same dropsy and all they played slightly different because I watched how it was being played it's still very rhythmically what I was shooting for so if anybody says that I must have heard it in the past I haven't until today so don't you just hate it when that happens

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Don't you hate it when....

I know what you're talkin' about Beamer. Every time I write a new song I worry that I've subliminally copied something I've heard before.

But on the up side, when you play as bad as I do, folks probably wouldn't recognize it if I tried to copy a known song........  smile

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

baha ED !

You are such a con artist - I watched your videos - you are a very good player!

Me on the hand - I could sing the Beatles and people would never know it was their song smile  smile  smile !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Dirty Ed wrote:

when you play as bad as I do, folks probably wouldn't recognize it if I tried to copy a known song........  smile

DE

Oh Pllleeeease.

Like Tig said, I've seen your videos. OH wait! I made a few of them. lol

DE  your playing and singing  on the videos  I  have seen. has been excellent.

Thanks for the kind words but my "campfire" style of playing cowboy chords and caterwauling can never be confused with someone that really knows how to play and sing.  For a couple years I hung out with singers/songwriters in a NSAI group.  Unlike my friends who were always praising my songwriting efforts, the NSAI group were never critical of my efforts but they were always brutally honest.  I soon learned my weaknesses in songwriting and singing/performing.  I know where I stand and it's not very far from the bottom of the ladder. hmm

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

So we all know DE is being humble,,:)
but to get back on track, .........................

So as we all do, I waited a few days and attempted it again.  STILL BEING FUNKY,   then on some high notes it hit me.  "HEY DUMMY! CLICK OFF THE VOX WAH WAH!"  All is back to sweet again!  what a homer moment!   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … mp;theater

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)